Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Constantly taking of pants and diaper and peeing and pooping

I have been having a lot of trouble with a little girl in care. 20 months. If I look away for a fraction of a moment she has her pants and diaper off! So frustrating. She has peed on my floor and a bowel movement as well. She is also not well behaved. She attends 3 days per week. She spends 2 days a week with grandparents. Who spoil her. They have had to remove their television set out of their living room because she wouldn't listen to not touch it! She doesn't listen to anything ever! I say don't touch for example the t.v. she will look at me....while she is still looking at me do it anyway. This is just the tip of the iceberg. She hits other kids, she bit another child last week. Hits parents when they pick her up....any advice on handling this child would be great! She has been coming here for 6 months. Behavior has been for about a month. I also watch her sister 5 yr before and after school...she is as good as gold!

Euphoric !
    I have one who will be 2 in June who takes off diaper and pants. I going to toilet train her. She ready anyway. I had delay due to new child starting and give time for him to settle, so for short term I had her in onesie on backwards with clothes over top to stop it.

In terms of misbehave, it hard when part time because of consistency. What do you do when she misbehaves?

Euphoric !
    Put a sleeper on backwards or just a onsie if she can't do snaps .... Suggest to the parents that they get started potty training .... Seems like she is ready

Euphoric !
    Full zipper sleeper on backwards so she can't reach the zipper, Sounds weird but the leg just twists to allow the feet to be in properly.

Obviously it sounds like the child is going through a testing stage...but even the most well behaved of children can go through this diaper removing stage around this age.

Another option is to use tape around the diaper at the waist. But this is harder for you to remove for diaper changes.

I agree with Lee-Bee. This seems like a behavioural issue, not readiness for toilet training. There are multiple signs that a child is ready and one of them isn't stripping off and going on the floor in my opinion lol

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    Full zipper sleeper on backwards so she can't reach the zipper, Sounds weird but the leg just twists to allow the feet to be in properly.

Obviously it sounds like the child is going through a testing stage...but even the most well behaved of children can go through this diaper removing stage around this age.

Another option is to use tape around the diaper at the waist. But this is harder for you to remove for diaper changes.
    just use a footless one ....once you get to about 18 months size most are footless anyway

Thanks for everyone's help and advice. I will definitely try the sleeper, onside and if all else fails tape the diaper. Thx

Expansive...
    you could cut the tape with a scissors at diaper time