Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Bright spark - yes. There are many providers in my area that will terminate a temporary client for no reason other then they found someone long term. I have been doing it this way for the last 2 yrs. mainly specializing in temporary care. One of the many reasons my clients choose me is that I have this guarantee and yes they are happy to pay for this piece of mind.
    Well good for you. I would have thought that a clause in the contract signed by both would be enough given that if it was broken then the provider would be liable. I guess I just don't see the large deposit as necessary when a legally binding contract exists. Also, I'm not sure why families would pay it, unless they had first hand experience in this occurring then in my experience people would take the chance rather than shell out so much money. The money doesn't guarantee anything. The signed contract including this clause is what seals the deal and a monetary fee of any amount wouldn't be any further assurance. You say you aren't charging more for a temporary family, but you are, you are just structuring it differently. Whatever works I guess.

Bright spark - in this day and age unless the business is willing to fight for there contract, they really don't mean much. It is unfortunate but true. All you have to do is go to most provider chat groups to hear about how they have been screwed over by a client. these groups are full of these stories.

No I am not charging them more than my other clients my enrollment fee is $500 for all types of care (except teacher friendly) and it only goes towards their last two weeks if they are with me for more than 52 weeks (1yr). Since temporary care is less than one year even if they lie and since on for "long term" they would loss their enrollment fee.

Even since I started doing doing temporary care this way, I have gotten a very long under 2 waiting list of families wanting to sign on with me well they wait for a spot in a centre. Yes they all know about my $500 fee and that is one of the reasons they want to sign with me.

Before I started doing temporary care this way I would have families "forget" to mention (even when asked) that they where waiting for spots in centres. Now they are honest with me.
    Last edited by BlueRose; 04-16-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Bright spark - in this day and age unless the business is willing to fight for there contract, they really don't mean much. It is unfortunate but true. All you have to do is go to most provider chat groups to hear about how they have been screwed over by a client. these groups are full of these stories.

No I am not charging them more than my other clients my enrollment fee is $500 for all types of care (except teacher friendly) and it only goes towards their last two weeks if they are with me for more than 52 weeks (1yr). Since temporary care is less than one year even if they lie and since on for "long term" they would loss their enrollment fee.

Even since I started doing doing temporary care this way, I have gotten a very long under 2 waiting list of families wanting to sign on with me well they wait for a spot in a centre. Yes they all know about my $500 fee and that is one of the reasons they want to sign with me.

Before I started doing temporary care this way I would have families "forget" to mention (even when asked) that they where waiting for spots in centres. Now they are honest with me.
    Thanks for the clarification. There is ambiguity within the word enrolment and your use of the term is vague without this recent explanation. Again with the word temporary. Susie explained her policy to be the same as yours yet hers was much clearer to me. I understand now. As far as contracts go, complaints on here of people not following them are the effects of people not enforcing them, and a contract is only as good as the person enforcing them.