Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Wawanesa Insurance

Did you know that Wawanesa only covers you daycare for up to 5 children including your own?

I am with Wawanesa and my plan is for 5 daycare children and my children are covered under my rent insurance with them. My children are NOT included in the 5 daycare children. I made sure of this (I talk with them every yr when I need to renew to confirm they haven't made any changes).

Starting to feel at home...
    I was a bit surprised too, my broker wrote this to me. " If you exceed the company underwriting regulation of 5 kids, which include your own, coverage would not be available at that time should there be a claim against your home daycare"

Euphoric !
    I would seek clarification (in writing) higher up. Ours, through wawanesa was for 5 kids plus our daughter. No longer working at capacity so it isn't an issue either way for us, but it was something we fully clarified before we signed on.

BUT this was BEFORE Ontario changed the laws. Insurance companies WILL NOT insure something that is illegal so would not cover 5 kids plus your own if the law doesn't allow it. I was somewhat expecting there to be an issue with insurance companies changing their policies and the licensed daycares to find it hard to cover the 6 kids they are allowed.

Euphoric !
    In PEI Wawanesa only allow 4 daycare children. TD allow 6. Allstate allow 5. All including own children under12 year.

Depends on the province - likely because child care regulations are provincially mandated. In Alberta, it does not include our own children.