I'm hoping that someone on this forum might be able to provide some suggestions for me. My 3 year old daughter has been going to the same home daycare since she was 1 years old. However, we are currently searching for a new provider for various reasons. We weren't planning to tell our daughter or give our 4+ week notice to our current daycare provider until we found someone that we like and know when our daughter will be starting there. The problem is that most daycare providers understandably want to meet our daughter during the interview. However by having her come, I think it's going to cause her much confusion. She is obviously going to start asking questions about why we are looking at other daycares. And knowing that we are doing so is going to be upsetting to her as she likes it where she is. Plus, I'm sure she will end up telling her current provider which will make the whole situation even more awkward. We know that these are discussions we are eventually going to need to have, but it's much easier to do so when something is already in place versus when there are lots of unknowns.

Any thoughts for how I can deal with this? Should I ask the DCPs that we interview if it's ok not to bring out daughter (at least initially)?