Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    I nap all my kids in one room and actually prefer it. (I feel in an emergency, it's the safest) I've been very blessed to have had great nappers though so it's been a breeze. The odd time I have to nap them in a separate room but I always work to quickly get them into the nap room with the others.

Bright and mommaL, I agree with you ladies. I think naps are VERY important for children but There are definitely some that do outgrow it and no matter what we do, we can't force a child to nap or be quiet for 2-3 hours. Thankfully, I haven't run into too many of these kids in my hdc but in centres, it was more common....and much easier to accommodate

Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    Are all kids required to stay on their bed for the full three hrs regardless if they sleep or not?
    Not necessarily. If they are quiet then its not a question of requirement as they just lie quietly anyway. Sleep is not required, so if a child is restless and uncomfortable and has been lying quietly for a couple of hours and hasn't slept, then depending on the child, and in general the whole dynamic of my group, I might allow them to get up and play with playdoh quietly, do some colouring or watch a tv show. If all my kids were awake and I could hear them talking, moving around etc, and it had been a good couple of hours then for the most part we would just get on with our day. While I value my break, sometimes we can't get as much done as we would like because of long nappers, so sometimes having everyone awake at 2/2:30 means we can have more fun times in the afternoon before pickup.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: