Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Unhappy Pick ups during naptime

Good Morning,

Just wondering, do any of you have a rule about about parent's not picking up their children during nap time? I have five daycare kids that all sleep in the upstairs of my house from 1pm until 3:30pm. Some of them share a room. Most parent's pick up after 4pm but once in a while one of them will show up at 3:15. It disturbs all of the children when I have to go and wake one of them early and I feel because they are all under 2 and on just one nap a day they could really use that last fifteen minutes. Should I tell the parent to call if they they are going to be early? or ask them to come after 3:30pm? I also need to know at the beginning of the day that they will come early so I can make sure their child isn't sharing a room with another child.

Yes. I have a policy. It's in my contract. Parents are not allowed to pick up between certain hours. AND, if a parent needs to pick up early for an appointment etc then they have to pick up their child either before or after nap but NOT during nap.

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    Same goes for me.... naptime pick ups disrupt my day and therefor are not permitted.
    They either pick up before or after nap.

Agreed. No pick ups during nap. Before or after only.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yup no pick ups or drop offs during nap time

Euphoric !
    I have only had this happen a couple times. I have the kids sleeping separately, right now anyway. I will ask mom/dad if they want me to go get the child or if they would like to go get a coffee and come back when naptime is done. So far they have all said, "oh, we'll take him/her now". It's never been right in the middle of nap, and never bothered the other children. Should it be an issue, no, I would not allow it. I would ask that they come back.