Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very Frustrated

Euphoric !
    I wouldn't take a deposit at first meeting. I always insist on at least two visits...the second can be a contract signing and deposit giving meeting. But I feel families need to go home and thinking and come back before making such a big decision. If they are just feeling stressed and grabbing what they can find then they are more likely to over look things and make a poor choice.

I would let them know you were not happy with the second family to come through and let them know if they are still interested they are welcome to a second visit. In the least if they find they are unhappy with the daycare they secured they know they can potentially come back to you.

I was thinking that too. Let the Saturday family know ur spot is still open. Maybe they will think, yes I liked that daycare better, ok I'm going there. U never know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that trying to act professionally in this business is often lost on people. You explained to the Saturday family what you were doing and why, and they chose to look elsewhere. Absolutely their choice, mind you. Hopefully, they will realise why you said no to them in that moment, and remember that if your name comes up to them in the future. You did what you thought was best, who could ask more of themselves? Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Oh that is so sad and soo annoying too - it feels like a slap in the face for trying to be professional and honouring the other arranged appointment , so we all feel for you

I do hope you fill the spot soon and there is no harm in emailing the other parent just to let her know the spot is open and see what happens
    Good Luck Suzi and Babydom I hope you fill the spots soon

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yes, to clarify, I send out my whole parent package prior to meeting. I don't waste time interviewing families that don't agree to my rules/policies and contract. Than when we meet, it's basically just to see how our personalities mesh and how their child interacts with my current group. Easy peasy!! I always tell them to take a day or 2 to think about it but I've had some say they like me and my dc and are ready to sign on. Thankfully, it's worked out thus far!! Lol

Euphoric !
    I was thinking about this some more. It's odd that the first mom keeps making/cancelling appointments. Does she even need daycare? Does she get a spot than leave? Does she just get a kick out of messing with providers? Strange!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I was thinking about this some more. It's odd that the first mom keeps making/cancelling appointments. Does she even need daycare? Does she get a spot than leave? Does she just get a kick out of messing with providers? Strange!
    I think maybe she not mentally ready go back work.

Outgoing
    I would have done the same as you did. I actually did for the new client I just singed on. Another family was ready to deposit and sing right away but I had a verbal engagement with another family before I met with them. For me it turned out okay because the first family had better hours and just seemed a better fit. (Will see when they start) haha. So don't beat yourself up to much over it. Maybe everything happened as it was suppose too because none of these 2 families sound like the BEST candidates anyway.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post: