Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leaving Weewatch

Anyone ever was a provider with Weewatch and decided to leave and work privately? They have threated to sue me. Now I seen them spying and taking pics outside my home.

I never worked with Weewatch, but I have hear of them threating to sue providers if they took their clients from them. Are any of their clients staying with you privately? If so you might want to review the contract you signed with Weewatch. There is a clause (all agencies have it) stating that if you leave the agency you will not take any of the agency clients.

I have never heard of them actually suing a provider, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

As for spying and taking pictures of your home. I would contact the non-emergency police line and make a report.

I worked with WW several years ago. Since I quit a few weeks before 1 year I was supposed to refund them for the payment they made for my Police clearance and CPR certificate according to our contract, but they never asked for it. They also did not pick up their stuff (gates, high chairs, playpens, cots, etc). We tried to schedule appointments for them to pick up their things, but the timing never worked out and they just stopped asking for them. They were very lay back. I remember I could not take any clients referred by them privately according to our agreement. What are they trying to sue you for? That's very strange, maybe the inspector is taking it personal or she is not a well adjusted person or maybe the contracts are now completely different.

I would also call the police if anyone is trying to harass or stalk me, not just WW inspectors.

Sorry I was so frustrated I didn't leave sny details. I was working with Weewatch and I found a private child on my own no referral from the agency. Day before child was to start at my daycare Weewatch came back and said I couldn't watch this child because this child was registered with them. So I left the agency. Now they are threatening to sue me and have been seen outside my home taking pictures.

I would take pictures of them taking pictures and report. That is not ok. As long as u are doing what their contract says they can't sue. Was that child registered with them? Did u keep that child even though u found him privately but he was registered can u keep him? I don't know how that works. If he was with the agency but u got them on ur own and the agency didn't send him to u then i would think its ok to keep him. But on the other hand u might want to leave that child and wipe ur hands clean of them and get children on ur own

Outgoing
    Isn't this really up to the parents? Can they not un-register from Wee Watch? We're not living in a fascist state after all. If they want to come with you, don't they have that choice? You are private now so they'll pay you directly, right?

The parents usually have a contract to with an agency stating that private pay can't happen if they are register and if the caregiver is register regardless if they found the caregiver without the agency

Expansive...
    Talk about Control, wee watch sounds like the agency to avoid

They are. I hear soooooo many horror stories about them!!! I'm surprised ppl, especially parents still go with them!