I am in my 11th year of daycare. I did daycare for 4 years in Burlington before moving to Grimsby where I have been doing daycare for over 6 years with a short break amidst that for on campus university.

My kids are going into Grade 9 and Grade 10.

I got an enquiry for full time siblings starting in August when the family move to Grimsby. I thought nothing of it, replying to the Contact Me enquiry via my website. When I replied it came up with a familiar surname and I then thought...what are the chances this is who I think it is?!? Well I just flat out asked her and I was right!! The mother was First Grade teacher to both of my kids way back when we lived in Burlington! Fortunately I am a great parent lololol or at least she said so, and I didn't give any grief to this teacher. I volunteered at the school and my husband did career day and this teacher even put a pair of work overalls on and safety goggles on in the class. We had a good giggle about that memory.

She was equally as excited that it was me and knowing the kids and although it was a long time ago, she felt reassured that I wasn't a stranger. We had a telephone interview and we addressed whether she was comfortable dealing with me, and she said her mother had asked the exact same thing...basically whether I was one of "those parents" and if this was a matter of politeness and pleasantries followed by a gentle let down. We spoke for an hour and laughed a lot about my kids and that she had just a few days previously been talking about my eldest as herself and my daughters kindergarten teacher were talking about firery redheads they had dealt with over the years.

Believe it or not, lol, I did shift the focus onto her kids haha, we had a very thorough telephone interview. I was my usual upfront self, letting her now how I run my daycare, what I offer and if that matched her needs. She said I sound just like her current provider who she absolutely adores and will miss dearly when they move. It seems like a good fit and her eldest will replace the one I have leaving in September when mum goes on maternity leave.

Just thought I'd share that exciting experience I had. Who would have thought we would cross paths again under these circumstances.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's FRIYAY!!