Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Exciting situation

I am in my 11th year of daycare. I did daycare for 4 years in Burlington before moving to Grimsby where I have been doing daycare for over 6 years with a short break amidst that for on campus university.

My kids are going into Grade 9 and Grade 10.

I got an enquiry for full time siblings starting in August when the family move to Grimsby. I thought nothing of it, replying to the Contact Me enquiry via my website. When I replied it came up with a familiar surname and I then thought...what are the chances this is who I think it is?!? Well I just flat out asked her and I was right!! The mother was First Grade teacher to both of my kids way back when we lived in Burlington! Fortunately I am a great parent lololol or at least she said so, and I didn't give any grief to this teacher. I volunteered at the school and my husband did career day and this teacher even put a pair of work overalls on and safety goggles on in the class. We had a good giggle about that memory.

She was equally as excited that it was me and knowing the kids and although it was a long time ago, she felt reassured that I wasn't a stranger. We had a telephone interview and we addressed whether she was comfortable dealing with me, and she said her mother had asked the exact same thing...basically whether I was one of "those parents" and if this was a matter of politeness and pleasantries followed by a gentle let down. We spoke for an hour and laughed a lot about my kids and that she had just a few days previously been talking about my eldest as herself and my daughters kindergarten teacher were talking about firery redheads they had dealt with over the years.

Believe it or not, lol, I did shift the focus onto her kids haha, we had a very thorough telephone interview. I was my usual upfront self, letting her know how I run my daycare, what I offer and if that matched her needs. She said I sound just like her current provider who she absolutely adores and will miss dearly when they move. It seems like a good fit and her eldest will replace the one I have leaving in September when mum goes on maternity leave.

The family is coming for a meet and greet interview tomorrow. Watch this space!

Just thought I'd share that exciting experience I had. Who would have thought we would cross paths again under these circumstances.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's FRIYAY!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Is anyone else noticing that new threads are posting twice in their feed? admin?

Holy moly!!!! That's sooooo cool!!!! Hope u get them and it works out! Congrats!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Is anyone else noticing that new threads are posting twice in their feed? admin?
    I have had a few glitches too. But we can see your posts, so that's good. That is wonderful news, btw. It's a small world afterall!

Expansive...
    The Daycare Gods at work again , that is Great, it sounds like a perfect fit and your kids will enjoy seeing her again

Expansive...
    How did the interview go? We are all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    How did the interview go? We are all ears
    Hubby got rushed to ER on Friday night with breathing problems. I've wished them the best and said that we can schedule when she is ready.

Expansive...
    Wow I did not expect that- so sad, it may be the stress of moving