Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Receipt deadline & nonesense

Do you know if we are allowed to charge money for making MULTIPLE receipts for families. I have given this family MULTIPLE MULTIPLE receipts and they first claimed they didn't get the first one and now that they lost it. What are the rules because I think I have given out 5 lol

I would imagine whatever you have in your contract. If you stipulate reissue of receipts comes at a cost then you are within your rights but they'd have had to of signed the contract stating this.

Starting to feel at home...
    is it illegal to ask for this? I don't imagine having to constantly write receipts for a family who constantly loose them is right either.

Expansive...
    if they lose a receipt you have to write COPY on the next receipt - but I would suggest just give out one or two receipts per year per client so no fear of them losing it in future
    they could be keeping them all and then claiming them as this is the amount they paid to daycare and then it may effect you at tax time next year

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I only issue one receipt in February. I've never had a family need a replacement.
    You could scan and email them one(write original or copy on it first.) That way it's up to them to print it and keep track of it.

Outgoing
    Van is right. With more than 4 or 5 receipts floating around, I would be thinking that they are adding them up and using the total. Like 5 receipts of $100 =$500 paid in daycare fees. That's why you write copy on the 2nd one. My advice, STOP. Say "no more." After that many, losing them, not your problem. And BTW, they haven't filed their taxes yet? They're in for some penalties. Also not your problem.

Euphoric !
    Do you give 1 receipt per year? I give mine out in January and make sure and hand it right to them and say here is your receipt so you can put it in a safe place

Euphoric !
    Yes, always mark duplicates!! I've had to give 2 to a couple over the years but I don't charge for them. It can sometimes be annoying but it's less than 5 minutes out of my day so I've never worried about it. Having to write 5 would definitely be annoying though! How unorganized can one person be?? Lol

This is also why I don't write my SIN on them even though many will tell you that it's required. I don't want my name and sin floating around god knows where!!

Expansive...
    I write one receipt in Feb so just in time to do their taxes or if they leave during the year I give them their tax receipt and tell them to keep it safe for next year's taxes - also no SIN number on the receipt as I just use an ink stamp that I ordered on line with my daycare address and phone number
    Last edited by Van; 06-13-2016 at 08:34 PM.

I thought it was the law that we had to put our SIN on the reciept.