Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Before and after school care

Hi, for those who do before and after care do you charge per day or per week?
    Do you charge for stat holidays, sick days, holidays off?

Thanks in advance.

Starting to feel at home...
    My before and after kids (just like my full-time ones) have a monthly flat rate fee. The B & A kids just pay less than those who are there all day. The only time this monthly rate might change is if I were to go over my allowed personal and vacation days (I take up to 15 days paid vacation and 5 personal/sick days each year), in which case I would deduct that from their fees. Though I don't foresee that ever happening. Otherwise they pay the same amount each month, regardless of whether they attend or not. This includes stats, sick days and holidays.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MommaL For This Useful Post:

It's the same rate every day/wk. and I charge for any days they don't come- sick, stats, etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Do you give them any vacation weeks per year no charge????

No. I charge yr round. For stats, their sick days, my holidays. The only time I don't charge is if I close because I'm sick or have an appt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I used to do B/A and I charged for enrollment days, not days that they attended. You pay for the spot, whether you use it or not. I did not give away "freebies" for their holidays or their illness etc.
    They also paid for stats if that was their regular attendance day(ie. usually a Monday)

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Hi, for those who do before and after care do you charge per day or per week?
    Do you charge for stat holidays, sick days, holidays off?

Thanks in advance.
    I not do BAS care but can tell you what is common in my area.

For care that is more than 4 hours day, it typical that full day rate is charged whether that school age child or not. For care less than 4 hours day, then the half day rate which is about $5 more than 50% of full day is normal. This mean if normally charge $38 a day, the half day rate is $25.

Client pay for days of week care needed - if a stat fall on their day, if provider sick, they still pay. Just luck of draw whose days these fall on.

Some provider here focus on school age child only with intention of following school calendar. This mean they paid from Sept to June. They not open summer and client not charged but client required to pay first 2 weeks for next school year to hold their place. They also tend close for Christmas and March Break and these are paid closure. Provider take their vacation when no school. No care offered for storm days or other school closure day. BAS is literally for the hours before school and after school, so no school = no care.