Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    There's more money to be made by taking 2 kinders. Although we can be licensed for 8 kids, only 5 spots are for younger kids. That leaves 3 school age spots. If she doesn't take kinders, she'll only make money on before and after school care, instead of a full day pay.
    Sometimes rules make it so hard.

What about offering two kinders spaces sharing space on opposites with clear understanding that when school closed, only the child who normally attend on that day may come?

Child A is school on Mon, Wed, Fri, Tue, Th, that mean in daycare Tue, Th, Mon, Wed, Fri
    Child B is school on Tue, Th, Mon, Wed, Fri, that mean in daycare Mon, Wed, Fri, Tue, Th

If school closed on Tue of first week, then the spot belong Child A who would normally be in daycare if school was open. If school close Wed of of first week, that mean the spot belong to Child B who would normally be in daycare.

Only get care on the days that care is contacted - no option to attend for extra day if school closed. (Unless other spaces open from vacancy or child on vacation with family/off sick). i.e. additional day care subject availability.

Would that work?

Euphoric !
    That wouldn't work either. When school closes it bumps back school calendar so child could be in school 2 weeks in a row Tuesday/Thursday. It really is a hassle and I still think it's best to just do full time only and parent of kinder just pay for full spot

Euphoric !
    I think if you want it to work, it could. It does take extra planning though. I think I'd make the 2 parents sharing the spot figure it out on their own and just tell me which family is coming what day.

Or parents just have to pay for a full time spot. It sucks but they do technically need the spot to be able to use it whenever they want. Sharing parents would sometimes need to work around Inservice days if it wasn't their day at dc

Euphoric !
    Sounds like an incredibly complicated system. I can't imagine being the parent having to keep track of what days your child goes, especially if a school closure means the weeks can completely swap.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    Sounds like an incredibly complicated system. I can't imagine being the parent having to keep track of what days your child goes, especially if a school closure means the weeks can completely swap.
    We get a school day calendar so we just keep track of what school day it is and what school day we follow for our child - 1, 3 & 5 or 2, 4, & 6. I prefer it better then all mornings all week or all afternoons. Not everyone can arrange pickup/drop off at lunchtime.

Euphoric !
    I know of school boards that do Tues/Thurs for JK and Mon/Wed/Fri for SK. This makes sense to me as they only ever go on their set days every week and if there happens to be a holiday they just miss that day. This at least allows for easy daycare planning as the daycares offer a Jk spot and an SK spot to make up a full spot.

That said, I suppose like anything you just adapt to what you know so it may very well not be as complicated as it seems!