Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    No I don't wash their laundry. If a dck gets pee or poop on their clothes then the parents get a goody bag at pick up time.
    Most kids have spare clothes here and I have kept a stash of sprae clothes that my own kids have outgrown just in case so I should never be in that situation.
    I don't even wash my own families laundry during peak hydro hours so no way am I running a washer and dryer for someone elses' items.

A few weeks ago I did leave a 'goody' bag here where the DCG had peed on her pants and undies by accident. Since I forgot to give it to the parents and it was going into a weekend I washed it over the weekend (separate from my own family clothes) and returned it to the family but ONLY because it was my forgetfulness and because I didn't want it to get too rancid over the weekend

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    ... when parent is sending diapers that are the wrong size (after you ask them repeatedly to send others),... then a poopy outfit of clothes wrapped all day in a plastic bag IS incentive for them to pull up their socks and do what they need to do - bring better diapers, not send their kid in underwear, keep their "sick" kid home for the day etc etc etc...
    Soooo true!

I do not rise clothes at daycare nor do I clean clothes at daycare ~ with the exception of our beach clothing in the summer. It is easier for me to keep their towels and bathing suits for the summer and launder as needed.

Not rinsing or cleaning the clothes isn't being mean. Parents are responsible for the child's laundering and I am responsible for the child's safety and well being while the child is in my care. Doing laundry during daycare hours takes away the time that I can spend with the children
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com