Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend rate?

Shy

Weekend rate?

How much do you charge for weekends? I already do monday to friday but will do weekends if pre scheduled and by special request. A parent needs for 5:45 hrs. I am thinking $10 an hour, I am in southern ontario near toronto area. Does this sound fair? Oh yes I also already had plans with my family and would have to be taking child out with us.

Thank you

Euphoric !
    $10 an hour is fair. It outside business hours so normal day care rate not apply when only one family contribute to your pay. It have be worth your while to give up personal time.

Outside regular business hours I won't work for less than $50, so 1 or 2 hours still costs $50. After first four hours of care, it becomes an additional $10 an hour. It needs to be worth my while. If it was for an extended period of time, or over night for example, then I'd agree on a flat rate at a lower amount.

I took a Friday off a few years back to be two siblings nanny at a wedding. I got paid for my lost earnings to begin with, so the day rate for all 5 kids, then she paid me an additional $10 an hour and provided my food. I drove her kids back from Toronto about 1 hour and they stayed overnight there. I bathed and fed them and they came home the following morning about 11. The Friday I was at their house for 11 am $240 + lost earnings $220. Some can afford it, some can't. My kids babysit for $10 an hour and don't do the driving around, cooking or bathing, so I think the parents got a pretty good deal.

Expansive...
    well I really love my weekend of just being child free so I would say go for $12 a hour if you can

Shy
    unfortunately parent found a family member before I could even let them know the price, I was going to make it $60 for the day... oh well...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to planet.caravan67 For This Useful Post: