Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Tired of all the offences we take from clients!

Hi everyone,

I'm upset all the nasty comments we all provider gets from our clients, I really need to vent, this past week has being just offences I don't know what is going on.
    all the comments straight to my face this week:

1. Tha'ts why I pay you
    2. the other daycare closes for only one week, you close two weeks
    3. It's your problem ok sure
    4. he said don't ask me ask my wife
    5. comparing daycare Oh the other daycare is cheaper and the list goes on.
    Why? just need to vent this people have no respect towards other people, they love to ruin my day but I don't allowed it but is still gets to me. thank you ladies for reading I hope this is not happening to you guys is not nice.

Euphoric !
    Out of curiosity. Are all these comments from one daycare family or are they coming from different parents? If it is all from one family I would suggest it is time to discuss this in person as they clearly have an issue that isn't being properly directed.

Expansive...
    I can honestly say that in all my years as a daycare provider no one has ever spoken to me like this, and if they did they'd be outta here! Is this just one family? If it is it's time to say goodbye.

There are two families one old and one new the old one is going through divorced and thhe was upset with me because he was requesting something that is not on my policy the other one started in June and is fuzzing about my vacations she put a guilt trip on me that she didn't find anybody and in her job is busy, she was demanding to open for her one day before my return to daycare from my vacations and she kept on saying she can't afford and that other day cares closes for one week anyway I didn't give in because I'm very strick on my vacations because I deserve a break in spoke to her clearly about my two weeks and she said is fine this two families English is a second language and the new one is not understanding all the procedures she even cried. So if this continues I will give letters not acceptable all those matters are not my problems.

Outgoing
    I started my 2 week vacation at 4:30 on Fri. At 4:15, the last parent came in, and with a great sigh of relief, told me she finally got her child in at the big daycare centre. So I said, oh, I didn't know you were waiting for a spot. Just a little tiny stab in the heart to get the vacay off to a good start.
    Enjoy your time off!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I can honestly say that in all my years as a daycare provider no one has ever spoken to me like this, and if they did they'd be outta here! Is this just one family? If it is it's time to say goodbye.
    I've been doing this for almost 10 years and I get the odd jab. It seemed to happen more in my earlier years or maybe I just basically pay no mind to it now. I don't think the parents even realize that they are being rude.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm upset all the nasty comments we all provider gets from our clients, I really need to vent, this past week has being just offences I don't know what is going on.
    all the comments straight to my face this week:

1. Tha'ts why I pay you
    2. the other daycare closes for only one week, you close two weeks
    3. It's your problem ok sure
    4. he said don't ask me ask my wife
    5. comparing daycare Oh the other daycare is cheaper and the list goes on.
    Why? just need to vent this people have no respect towards other people, they love to ruin my day but I don't allowed it but is still gets to me. thank you ladies for reading I hope this is not happening to you guys is not nice.
    I do not accept anyone come into my home, and be rude to me. Paying $38 a day for care for child not change that. You need be able stand up for self and if these comment happen, you need be able respond there and then.

If you not that sort personality, you could always try a generic response like "Excuse me?" which at least highlight that they crossed line.

You are not paid for a specific task, you are paid to provide care for child when parent unable to. Try remember that because when you remember, you able respond in timely manner if such comment made.

In terms of other daycare closing for less time, charging less, etc., feel free remind parent that it your service they ultimately chose and it your terms and if they want to go to the other daycare, they welcome to submit their notice and go there. Other daycare might be cheaper for lot reason - not include all you do for food, and supplies, be in location that less expensive, etc, You not responsible for what other daycare charging for their service.

What is he saying is your problem? Or to ask his wife about? For communication I have private FB page were I issue all important information. It client responsibility to keep up date with information published. Before this I used have monthly newsletter that go in child's bag.

People will treat how you allow. If you not allow this rudeness, you find it doesn't happen.

Oh yeah...totally been there!

I had one mom that was bringing her little guy that was literally hacking and coughing bad all over everything and everybody, plus other symptoms. I made a comment after 3 days of this that maybe she should have kept him home since he was doing this and he was super miserable. She says to me that "well that's too bad when you do daycare, you'll have to deal with it" !

Let me say that not long after that, she got her walking papers.

I would say the same as Suzie...use the "Excuse me?" for those remarks. And remind them that you are not the other daycare and you make your own policies to fit your business and family needs!
    Last edited by mattsmom; 07-25-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Oh for sure I'll be using the excuse me more often! and because of all those bad remarks I don't see this two families with respect they both stood very low! they showed their true colors.

Expansive...
    yes you don't need this rudeness so make notes and get ready to say : BYE