Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I know about it, mostly through following Janet Lansbury on facebook. I like a lot of things about it, and agree with allowing your child to be independent early on, and letting them develop at your their own pace. I like her thoughts on not "walking" your child before they are ready to walk. I also talk to all my daycare kids like I would with an adult. How else would I talk to them? The more you talk to them, the more they understand.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    Just wondering how anyone would manage meal time for infants without using high chairs
    as i have 4 infants and I would be lost without my highchairs LOL
    I use a regular table for lunch, so I do use high chairs until they're stable enough for a jr chair (from ikea, no straps, just child sized and taller, with cross bars to help them climb up), around 18mo. For snacks we use the classroom. Toddlers/preschoolers eat at their table, the infants eat at a special lower table (sawed off coffee table with shortened ikea chairs). They learn quickly to stay at the table til everyone is done eating. It takes a few reminders for new kids, but they get used to it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kindredspirit For This Useful Post:

Van

Expansive...
    Thanks for the ideas of life beyond the regular high-chair Lee-Bee and Kindredspirit