Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hand Foot Mouth

Euphoric !

Hand Foot Mouth

So in the 6 years I have ran my daycare this is the first case of hand foot mouth I have dealt with. Girl was here all last week and just off. Sure enough her fever spiked Friday night and doc confirmed hand foot mouth.

Lots of research later! My sick policy states anything contagious they are to remain home.

I have asked her to remain home this week while she has the blisters. We will go from there.

My mind is whirling. I don't want to pass it to anyone else so should I be limiting my families outings this week? My hubby has been sick all weekend (sore throat and just not feeling well). My daughter has 2 play dates with other kids this week planned. I only have her and 1 other child coming this week and we planned on some outings - should we stay clear of other kids as well so we don't pass it on in the event someone else gets it. I know have some cleaning to do but how long can it live on hard surfaces? Ugh... I am likely over thinking all this.

Expansive...
    Yes it would be a good idea to limit your outings this week as it so easy to spread the virus just like a cold, it is spread by the air

Outgoing
    This is the information sheet that I use for these situations. It is from the states, but it is directed at daycare/schools.

http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henne...ider.pdf?la=en

Expansive...
    I keep them off until all blisters have sealed up and fever free. The same as the centres I used to work at.

Expansive...
    Facts about Hand,Foot and Mouth Disease - is a virus caused by an infection found in the spit of an infected person's mouth. it spreads from person to person through the air or by touch like cold viruses. signs are - fever, headache, sore throat, not interested in eating or playing, small painful sores in the mouth and sm blisters on the hands and feet and mouth they may also show up on other parts of the body. it is not the same virus that causes diseases in animals. There is no treatment for this infection- WASH YOUR HANDS CAREFULLY