Having a little offload, getting this frustration off my chest. Only got this kid for 7 more days.

So I took a week off and this is my second week back. I care for a boy aged 16 months whose Grandma collects him most days and gives him dinner at her place till mum or dad pick up from there.

I have had long talks with mum and dad about is lack of initiative and independence skills...all within reason for his age. He does not come when requested, regardless of how you bribe or coax him. There is zero incentive that can do the trick. Can not follow directions. will not feed himself, UNLESS, it is carbs. Even that he won't do now since coming back. Napping is also a bit of an issue as self soothing was something we had to work on, but we got there. Since coming back, he literally cries non stop for 2-3 hours.

His parents say its all as a result of Grandma. I pulled mum on something I observed at pick up and it all came out in the wash. Grandma comes in and picks him up, carries him to the stroller puts him in and then proceeds to pick up his sippy cup and feed him his water from it. He showed no move towards grabbing the cup. Mum told me that they have had numerous confrontations with Grandma as they always see that she spoon feeds him, which explains the not eating unless fed, and not coming when called as Grandma always picks up. Also Grandma rocks him for nap and strokes his back if he is upset. If you lead him by the hand he always goes spaghetti legs and limp. This kid is smart and knows how to manipulate. I have no time for this BS and since he has been back he hasn't eaten a damm thing! I have not offered anything remotely sweet because previously he would hold out for that.

Today at lunch we had a typical meal of chicken, rice and roasted sweet potatoes. A little girl turned 3 and mum brought cupcakes. I didn't give him one because he is having these massive issues. If he can't eat a single thing unless it is spoon fed to him, then there is no way he was getting a cupcake.

I only have this boy till the end of next week, thank goodness. Awesome family, but this kid would just be an endless battle for me as long as Grandma continues with this nonsense.