Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New supervisor

New supervisor

Hi everyone
    I have started a brand new job as a supervisor/teacher at a preschool. It's a small operation. I am the only staff member.

I am feeling incredibly overwhelmed when it comes to the Child Care and Early Years Act. There is so much info to wade through. I have a few questions and was hoping that someone could help me out.

What do I need on my clipboard every day? (the sign in/out of children, emergency info, what else?)

Epipen training - where do I get an trainer epi pen?

hm. That's it for now. Thanks so much. I have no idea where to even start (the previous teacher left our files in a mess... ugh)

Euphoric !
    What Province? Daycare is provincial responsibility not federal so rule changes across different province. What you need to record will depend on location.

Of course. I'm in Ontario.

Euphoric !
    So, if you are in ontario and working alone is this a private home preschool (5kids)? Or are you running a center on your own? I am confused.

If you are in a non-residential building running a preschool...how do you do it as the only staff member? How do you go pee??

Yes I am curious too. How are you a supervisor if there is nobody to supervise being the lone staff member?

Expansive...
    I suppose to supervise the children
    to answer your question about the check board I have on mine each child's name that will be in for today and then I have 4 slots beside the name for parents to sign in and then the time plus later to sign out and the time of pick-up
    the emergency information you keep separate on an emergency card for each child so it is not on display just for you to see when you need it. I keep my cards in a small file box handy for me if I need to call a parent etc