Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

One spot 3 families !

Hi there ladies,

I need your wisdom. So over the past week I've had 3 interviews with families I all very much liked. 2 of them said they wanted the spot and I held off because I had not completed all my interviews that were booked. Now I have 3 offers and I like all of them very much but I preferred one from the 3.

How do you word it to the other 2 that you have selected another family ? I just don't want to leave any of them frustrated...or as little as possible and I'm not sure how to deliver the news. I've had this situation before however the circumstances were slightly different so it was easier to just say the spot had been taken. Now they will know I preferred a family over theirs and it's nothing personal it's just I preferred the schedule from the last family a bit better. It's making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Do you have any advice for me please ? I would like to get back to them as soon as possible as professional but as caring as possible.

Thanks for your help !

Euphoric !
    Just be honest, in a tackful way.

There is nothing wrong with saying after meeting all the families you had 3 great families wanting the space and you made your decision based on the family that best fit your current daycare dynamics.

Can just leave it at that or provide details about schedule timing, ages, compatibility between new and current children...what ever you like.

Let them know you can keep the contact info and be in touch should another space open up.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks I like how you said "current daycare dynamics".

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty View Post
    Thanks I like how you said "current daycare dynamics".
    I think that is key. It's not about liking and not liking these families it's about having to choose and choosing based on what best fits your current daycare dynamics (that entails other kids, your hours, your stress level etc).

There will still be some disappointment but it isn't personal.