Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So angry!

Starting to feel at home...

Angry So angry!

I'm dealing with a client from hell!! sorry my language, but I feel so stress out, It comes to a point that I want to give this job up and find a job flipping burgers.
    I'm so done with this client, she is so argumental from the second weeks she was with me, she signed my contract, she ignores it, didn't read it I assumed.
    She put on her contracted hours to pick up at 5:15 pm she comes at 5:30 and for two months I was flexible I didn't say anything, she argued my holidays for 20 min in the summer, the husband doesn't speak any english so he brings the boy with a dirty diaper upon arrival and without socks, no backpack it frustrates me so much, I mentioned it doesn't care, anyway yesterday I send her an email saying that I'll be closing at 5:00 due to a dentist emergency appointment, she answer oh she will try to come at 5:00 but that she was busy no consideration at all after all I done for her and for her family, well, she couldn't pick up so a friend of her did she showed up at 5:10 pm her contracted hour is at 5:15 pm ok I accepted it the friend looked up at me mad,. Rude! ok today she came passed 5:30pm she came 10 minutes late, she phoned thinking I wasn't going to charge her I said I'll charge late fee. She arrived at 5:40 Arguing when she saw my note she shake her head and said no, I said excuse me! she said I did a favor to you yesterday so I want it back she argued endlessly, I had to stop her, because I wasn't going to hear her
    go on and on, I told her what I thought about her being unrespectful and that she's a arguemental person but anyway she doesn't want to pay my late fee and left she already gave me notice her son's last day is the end of this month,
    she said her mother in law will take care I'm so done with this nationality! any advice I which to terminate before the end of the month but I feel I can get in trouble! any suggestions. Thanks

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post

I'm dealing with a client from hell!! sorry my language, but I feel so stress out, It comes to a point that I want to give this job up and find a job flipping burgers.
    I'm so done with this client, she is so argumental from the second weeks she was with me, she signed my contract, she ignores it, didn't read it I assumed.
    She put on her contracted hours to pick up at 5:15 pm she comes at 5:30 and for two months I was flexible I didn't say anything, she argued my holidays for 20 min in the summer, the husband doesn't speak any english so he brings the boy with a dirty diaper upon arrival and without socks, no backpack it frustrates me so much, I mentioned it doesn't care, anyway yesterday I send her an email saying that I'll be closing at 5:00 due to a dentist emergency appointment, she answer oh she will try to come at 5:00 but that she was busy no consideration at all after all I done for her and for her family, well, she couldn't pick up so a friend of her did she showed up at 5:10 pm her contracted hour is at 5:15 pm ok I accepted it the friend looked up at me mad,. Rude! ok today she came passed 5:30pm she came 10 minutes late, she phoned thinking I wasn't going to charge her I said I'll charge late fee. She arrived at 5:40 Arguing when she saw my note she shake her head and said no, I said excuse me! she said I did a favor to you yesterday so I want it back she argued endlessly, I had to stop her, because I wasn't going to hear her
    go on and on, I told her what I thought about her being unrespectful and that she's a arguemental person but anyway she doesn't want to pay my late fee and left she already gave me notice her son's last day is the end of this month,
    she said her mother in law will take care I'm so done with this nationality! any advice I which to terminate before the end of the month but I feel I can get in trouble! any suggestions. Thanks

Yikes

What does your contract say for you terminating care? Does it give the time line. I would say terminate care as per your contract if it will be sooner than her given date.

Outside of that, again refer to the contract. Does it say you can terminate care immediately for any listed reasons (disrespect, not following contract etc)?

Unfortunately for some, you give an inch and they take a mile and keep going. I would reprint her current contract (photocopy the one with her signature). Send it home noting that you want to remind her of the contracted terms. Remind her that late fees and that each day she arrives past the set time the fees will be in place.

Unfortunately she is walking all over you and it is hard to regain control when someone is so disrespectful. In the least...you have an end day set so it won't be going on for ever!

I know it's a mess, my contract says I can terminate immediately, but I will hold on for three weeks I can't believe she is asking to change her contracted hours her contracted hour is pick up at 5:15 she wrote it herself now she wants to extend it to 5:30 in this case I can do the favor but after she didn't pay for the late fee I won't do any special for this family nope

Euphoric !
    You have late fee in contract and now learned lesson that you have apply it first time, every time. It hard for parent understand why you suddenly charge when for longest time you have not. You must respect your own contract if expect client to respect it. If anything in your contract you not willing enforce, then remove it because it degrades contract value.

In your contract, you say you have ability to term immediately. I would be clear to these parent if they late even one time in notice period, then you will be charge late fee and you will also term their contact immediately and no care will be available to them.

Do not extend anything now because it would like your your objections which caused the notice to be very petty if you enable the same issue for rest of time this family with you.

Be very clear to them, their pick up time is 5.15pm. Be there on time or not come back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If your contract states she will be terminated for late pick up then have their bags packed if they are late one more time.

Take this as a lesson learned! Do not ever do any favors for anyone, they will walk all over you given the chance and you will resent it. Create a contract with clear rules and consequences and enforce it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Thank you ladies, I learned my lesson why because It happen two times she came at 5:30 and didn't say it the first time, so she of course wanted to come at 5:30 so now that she showed up 10 minutes late, she argued the late fee, I can't believe it. anyway thank you for the support I'm writing a letter to her saying if this happens again and she comes after 5:15 is a late fee and if she is not willing to pay she is out on the spot.

Outgoing
    Good for you, it can be hard to lay down the law, but it is necessary sometimes.

I had never cancelled a contract before this summer. But this one parent, after giving notice and the child was leaving in 2 weeks, she came 15 minutes late, for the 4th time. Her 3rd warning was a "final notice." I no longer charge a late fee, but have it stated that I will terminate. So, I did. Met her at the door with the child and the bag packed. I knew that if I let it go that day, she would come late for the next 2 weeks. She wasn't surprised, either. She was testing me, and I knew it, too. So I hated to send the child home without a proper "daycare good-bye" but I can't go on having people take advantage. So, of course now, if any of the other parents hear the story, they will know too, that I will enforce the contract and my policies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Now you can put an ad up and look forward to a nicer client and move on as that lesson was learned the hard way, Good Luck, I hope you find one soon