Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anon user post

Expansive...

Anon user post

Parent is interested opening home daycare but is worried about recipes that kids will eat and be reasonable in time and cost-- as well as be kid friendly.
    Where are your sources?
    What are your go to recipes?

Please share!!

Euphoric !
    I not have go to recipes for kids. My daycare children eat same as family. When I cook supper, I made enough for daycare lunch next day. This is how I save time. It just need reheat next day.

I also save time by having diced watermelon, washed grapes, ready in fridge for snack time so not having do daily.

In cold month I use crock pot lot. I buy carrot, turnip, in bulk, peel and slice, then make up freezer bag with raw ingredient and seasoning for stew and similar and just plop frozen block in crock pot early in morning.

I look for local sale in supermarket, I buy seasonal veg and fruit and freeze were can.

Groceries for daycare are my biggest expense. I spend close to $800-$1000 on daycare food.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I also don't cater to picky children. They all come around in time. I serve all kinds of food, and try to shake it up with new flavours and ethnic foods. I usually do my lunch prep at supper the night before (chop veg, roast meat, grate cheese, etc) so that lunch is quick to cook. Snacks are a fruit or veg, with a side (apple and peanut butter, grapes and cheese, berries and yogurt, veggie sticks and hummus, etc)