Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

22 month old that has a wild temper

Wow, 1 of my dcg(22months) has the wildest temper I have ever seen in a toddler her age. It's like her head starts spinning and she looses control. It is getting progressively worse as she gets older too. When she gets mad, she cries (head tilted back) and throws anything in her reach and hits anything in her reach (not people,ust objects...so far). Her parents don't stand for this behavior, they put her in a t/o or bed and they don't give in to her. I don't give into her either and i put her in her pnp in the bedroom until she is calmed down. This is where she wants to be about half the time when she's like this. Sometimes she doesn't but a lot of the time she does. It takes her about 5 minutes to calm down and then she is happy again. This dcg is 1 of my favorites, she's been with me for almost a year now, but holy he!!...when she is like this it's like she has been possessed by the devil or something and her head starts spinning around. How do i make her stop acting like this? She can talk very well, says 3 word sentences so communication is not the problem. Help!
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    Wow, 1 of my dcg(22months) has the wildest temper I have ever seen in a toddler her age. It's like her head starts spinning and she looses control. It is getting progressively worse as she gets older too. When she gets mad, she cries (head tilted back) and throws anything in her reach and hits anything in her reach (not people,ust objects...so far). Her parents don't stand for this behavior, they put her in a t/o or bed and they don't give in to her. I don't give into her either and i put her in her pnp in the bedroom until she is calmed down. This is where she wants to be about half the time when she's like this. Sometimes she doesn't but a lot of the time she does. It takes her about 5 minutes to calm down and then she is happy again. This dcg is 1 of my favorites, she's been with me for almost a year now, but holy he!!...when she is like this it's like she has been possessed by the devil or something and her head starts spinning around. How do i make her stop acting like this? She can talk very well, says 3 word sentences so communication is not the problem. Help!
    !00% there with you! OMG I'm at a loss. My 24 month old is like a daughter to me and what to do!

Shy
    It's normal. Their brain can't process their wants and needs but can't make up the words to get it out so they lose this stuff. As they get older they will start mellowing out and using more words to express themselves. I have my own 2 yo plus 2 other and a 1 yo dck. They've all been the same. You and the parents are doing the right thing but remember that negative attention is still attention so sometimes ignoring the behavior is better than stopping what you're doing and giving them attention at all. If they're not in danger to themselves or others I ignore it completely. If a meltdown puts anyone in any physical danger then I intervene and remove them from the vicinity of the other kids. This will pass
    Last edited by Errbear; 12-02-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer error. Fast fingers, slow brain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Errbear For This Useful Post: