Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Acting out and mimicry

My family recently moved to a smaller town due to my husband being military. He is currently training 6 hours away; due to some financial issues, he can't come home as often as we'd hoped, and I no longer have employment as my previous workplace is nearly 2 hours away.

We both agreed starting a daycare would be the smart thing to do. I would be with the kids, and making some form of income so that we aren't extremely tight and we'd be able to (hopefully) save money.

However, my oldest (turning 3) seems to be having troubles adjusting. She's been overly hyper, refusing to take naps, fake cries and whines every time her younger sister (turning 1) fusses. She'll bang on the furniture when her younger sister does, and has taken to baby talking instead of using her words.

Is daycare not a good idea? Is this just a normal phase?

I'm typing this all out half an hour before I go to bed, and I'm not even sure if it makes sense...

Expansive...
    It is normal for children to regress now and then and it is usually just before they make big progress in some area. I think it is a great idea to start your daycare to have an income to help your family and it would be a good idea to have a child or two the same age or older than your child so she has playmates and less time to focus on her younger sister when she cries.
    Good Luck

Shy
    Can I ask where you are? Where I am, the MFRC has been a great resource in finding ways to deal with the struggles of one parent being gone. I've had some success with activity booklets for children on how to cope, ideas on how to survive and some great ways to keep that age busy.
    My middle child was and still takes longer to adjust to her dad being gone and I still go back to those booklets. I also, left my job and started at home childcare. I can't say it has been an easy 9 months, but eventually it will be worth it!! I promise you're not the only one struggling, it just takes time to figure it all out and figure out what your child needs to make the adjustment easier.
    And yes, the behaviour is normal. for a 3 yr old and for a new older sister!