Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reference Gift

Outgoing

Reference Gift

Do u ever give your references a gift for helping to fill a spot? I just filled last spot and give a small gift card or flowers. What do yous do? Tx

Expansive...
    most of my spots were filled by advertizing but I think that is a lovely way of saying Thank you to someone who helped fill a spot so I will do it if it ever happens , what a nice idea

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Yeah...my spots are usually filled by an ad too, as was this one, but I always worry that when the potential family calls my references it's a big hassle in my reference's lives. I always hope they don't keep them on the horn too long. My references tell me they're happy to do it and I don't know if a gift is over-doing it. If it wasn't for my references though I feel that I may not have filled the spot as soon. It's hard to prove yourself when parents don't know you.
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 09-15-2016 at 05:42 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Van

Yup I do. I just filled my last two spots through an ad but my three current daycare parents all gave an excellent review which I am sure helped the parent pick me. So I offered all three parents a free night of babysitting so they could go out on a date

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

I've never given one but I have received a gift from another provider when I referred my families to her when I closed last summer. Funnily enough, I just took two siblings back last week due to her being a passive provider and soft disciplinary. This daycare mum said she felt like she was coming home!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I live in a small-medium sized city and people refer me all the time. I quite often have multiple families refer me to the same new clients or have kids in dc who are family friends. It would be hard to pinpoint which reference to give a gift too lol

I think it's a great idea and very generous and kind of you though!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I received a box of choc gift from a daycare provider for a child who took her spot at her daycare and I was full so it is nice to help each other fill spots

Starting to feel at home...
    I think home baking (fresh bread with artisan jam...or cookies) would be thoughtful, inexpensive, and memorable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyGirl_C For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyGirl_C View Post
    I think home baking (fresh bread with artisan jam...or cookies) would be thoughtful, inexpensive, and memorable.
    Haven't seen you in awhile. You were pregnant with 2nd child right? What did you have??

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyGirl_C View Post
    Love this idea! Tx