Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Oh wow, my stat days are all listed in my contract and parents sign to pay for them every year when we renew our contract. I have decided to be closed this year between Christmas to New Year PAID using the Chistmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day & New Year's Day and one personal paid day all written into my contract as paid days off. I'm really looking forward to the rest!

Last year I wrote 3 paid personal days into my contract in case of sickness and didn't even use them, and I also wrote in Christmas Eve day and Easter Monday as paid days off. Why? Because I know some of my families have had these days off in the past and brought their children to daycare anyway and I need time off more than I need money. I didn't even use the 3 paid personal days last year and I intend to use them this year. It was my intended raise instead of raising rates, but I didn't use it, silly me!

After almost 4 years in business I certainly have learned to take care of myself. In Nov. of each year when I renew my contracts with the parents I let them know the 3 weeks of vacation I will be taking the next year so that when they have to book their holidays they know all of the days my daycare will be closed, even the stat days that their employer may not recognize as a stat day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh yes, and 7am to 6:30pm - NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!

I have a 9 hour limit to my days and a $5/half hour overtime limit after that. My hours are 7:30-5pm and there is also a fee if that is exceeded. Don't burn yourself out, take care of your health.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Whats 1.5 means?
    thanks

Starting to feel at home...
    Mrs Ahmed it means if she charges $40 per day she would take half of that ($20) and charge that as well so the extended day would be $60.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaChildCare For This Useful Post:

it means one and a half.

Shy
    Do you think it is fair amount for me to charge 2 kids for 220$ including food, pick and drop though they are staying, one kid for4and half hour and other almost 9 hours?
    thanks

it all depends on what the norm in your area is? It's sounds a little low! I charge $225 for one child for 9 hours a day in Southern Ontario.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLulu For This Useful Post:

Sound like you are also offering a special service of staying open late until 6:30pm. I would be charging more like $370 a week. Don't let people bargain you down. They would have a very hard time finding some else to take their kid until 630pm. Are you also serving them dinner? That would be even more money on top.

Shy
    I live in brampton.

Shy
    I am serving them breakfast, one snack for school and lunch. After school I am also giving them meal.