Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy

Daycare charges 7am to 6:30

Hi daycare providers
    I am just in a need of information about daycare from 7 am to 6:30 pm what should be the charges if on kid is going school 8:30 to 3:05 and other is in jk.
    But with that I also want to tell I charge them 220$ for week and mom is saying she wont pay me for christmas holidays if I wont provide care even though she is at home and if I would charge she would send her kids to daycare even if she is off from office.What is your opinion about it though I know the policies but any to the point answer which has a logic I would really appreciatre.
    thanks
    daycare provider

Starting to feel at home...
    My policy is that if I'm closed, parents don't pay. For parents who want more than 9hours, I charge 1.5 times my usual rate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterloo day mom For This Useful Post:

I am the same as waterloo day mom. If I am closed, the parents are not charged. I charge by the day, not by the hour. I will not accept kids outside my operating hours, which is ten hours. If the parents pick up early or drop off late, I do not give a discount.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    If it is a public/stats holiday I would expect to be paid. Hope it helps.

Cocoon

Cocoon, Oh RIGHT, sorry. I forgot about stats. I do get paid for stats by my full timers.

Euphoric !
    I actually do get paid for two weeks of my holiday when I am closed plus stat holidays and I am also paid for up to 5 personal days (if I am sick, appointments, etc). I know that it is pretty normal in my neighbourhood, but you would have to find out what is the usual in your area by talking to some caregivers where you live. There can be big differences. All of my parents understand that a well rested caregiver is a caregiver who is more able to devote energy to the kids.

Shy
    I don't charge for my summer break but I DO get paid for stats and for the week off between Christmas and New Years (which includes a couple of stats) and for 3 personal days a year. I have it all very clearly spelled out in my contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ahmed View Post
    Hi daycare providers
    I am just in a need of information about daycare from 7 am to 6:30 pm what should be the charges if on kid is going school 8:30 to 3:05 and other is in jk.
    Well, the child in school full days would be at your local before and after school rate. I don't know what city you are in but ask around other providers. Typically before and after school rates are between $15 and $20 a day depending on your area. As for the kindy kid - she would pay full days for the days she is there. But there are lots of providers who make kindy kids pay for a FULL space even if they only come every other day because even on their school days they are still with you b/a school so they take up a spot.

But with that I also want to tell I charge them 220$ for week and mom is saying she wont pay me for christmas holidays if I wont provide care even though she is at home
    Why are you allowing your clientelle to tell YOU when they will and will not pay?? I assume you have a contract, right? PLEASE tell me you have a contract and stats and civics are paid days. If you come across a client that refuses to pay you for what you WANT to get paid for and what is in the contract then it is very simple - they get terminated. You never, ever should allow a parent to NOT pay you for what you have in your contract to get paid for. If you let this slide even ONCE they WILL refuse to pay other times. Payment should NEVER be negotiable. And if she doesn't like it then she gets a ..........NEXT! If a parent ever told me they were not paying for stats I would terminate them on the spot.

YOUR BUSINESS - YOUR RULES!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Shy

summer break

which days do you take of in summer holidays?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ahmed View Post
    which days do you take of in summer holidays?
    thanks
    Whatever days you want to take off. You are entitled to a break too.