Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    Looks like you have a lot of competition in Brampton and prices range from 20 to 40 day. I guess you need to figure out what you need to be paid for it to worth it for you! The cost of food and craft materials for example and all the extra work of going back and forth to schools. You need to find an Association for Daycare provider's in Brampton to help get you started out.

it is usually the parent's responsibility to provide their kids lunch and snack for school.

http://www.freewebs.com/bramptonchildcareproviders/ Have you seen this website yet?

I charge a monthly rate... when my day home kids go on holidays or to visit other parents somewhere else, they pay full rate to hold the spot. My one kid is gone for 2 weeks to his dads and I still expect and get a full month. I also charge for sick days whether theirs or mine... as long as I get paid, they can be wherever they want... home, work, doctors, etc... Also I get 2 weeks paid vacation through out the year. Just tell them that if they would like to keep the spot then you expect FULL payment.
    I am in Alberta and I charge $400/month for after school care and $500/month for before and after. Hope this helps!
    Also learned by mistake... always have a contract and make sure that EVERYTHING is in there. I forgot to put in that I ask for 30 days notice to end care and got screwed. Whether the kid will be there or not, you should be getting paid. If we only charged when the child was here then we would stand to lose a lot of income if a family member were to visit or whatever. You can always find a parent that is willing to follow your rules...

Shy
    I as well take two weeks off in Summer, paid. All stats paid. The week from the 23rd -January 2nd off paid. And all sick days are paid, not prorated.

My only exception to that is my drop in day rate kiddo's. Anyone on contract is aware of the policies and procedures in place!

Every other industry gets time off, and sick time. We can't watch kids 365, we would have entirely grey hair, and walking with a limp!