Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I thought I made a mistake taking my notes it was 3000%. It seemed ridiculous and I assumed it was 300%. It is true then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    It is overwhelming, here we go on a roller coaster again. Please read the Toronto Star , we need more spaces,(article). And if you can send your opinion do so. Why independent home daycares are being ignored?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I hope all of the private home daycares in Ontario join together and let your voice be heard.....with so many of you the Gov could not ignore you any more, and I am sure now is the time to be heard

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Hi cfred
    just though it may be of interest to you to know that in BC the daycare inspectors also inspect the old folks homes and also the resturants in each area

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks, Van. That's interesting....and it makes total sense to multipurpose inspectors. I'll bring that up to the other execs and we can see if that's worth using in our own proposals. I would never have thought of that! I have no idea why this party is so hell bent on forcing us through cost prohibitive agencies when there are so many other alternatives. And the agency folks, most of them ...and childcare advocates...are making it pretty clear that they want us gone. They have a singular vision of what they want to see and how it should happen. If you don't agree with them 100%, you're stonewalled. Even Martha Friendly was reduced to name calling on Twitter and refused to shake the hand of our representative at the advisory committee meeting last week. Turns out she's not so friendly, lol.

I know you're concerned Peacefulbird. We're holding weekly skype meetings and each of the 6 execs has at least one project. We'll get the word out. In the meantime, I would encourage you to keep sending letters to your MPP, to our Minister or Education, to editorial sections, to whoever you think might listen. I would also ask that if you're not already a member, to join CICPO on FB, then subscribe to our website. It doesn't cost anything. Donations are welcome, if you know anyone who wants to help but doesn't know how. Donation contributions are used to fund things like video production, consultations, upgrading surveys, flights to meetings for the Ottawa lot, etc, etc, etc. We do as much as we possibly can by ourselves (or by suckering family members ), but some things are just beyond our abilities.

The most important thing right now is to get the surveys out. We need more input from providers....lots more! The parent one is equally important and will be out soon.

Euphoric !
    CICPO website is up and running. http://www.cicpo.ca/

Expansive...
    Hi cfed
    Here is a link to the check list of what the inspector checks at each daycare home setting or centre , it might help to set up one for Ontario
    let me know if you can't open it

http://www.vch.ca/media/VCH-child-ca...ffinitions.pdf

Outgoing
    Dear Cfred. Can please.clarify this? I'm independent and also licensed through an agency applying my own policies which also are similar to the agency, and I'm pretty sure every professional icp is already compliant with.

What parts of a licensing process Icp's do not agree with, besides the pricing, especially here in Ottawa? Anyway, agencies now have a HCCEG (Home child care enhancement grant) a grant that can go up to $20 a day if a caregiver is making less that $252 a day. (Which, I personally think this could also help to pay for our licensing fees)

I have asked to some icps in my area; some of them mentioned the oversight (this really worries me), I think if we are doing a wonderful work as we are, oversight should not be a matter and if we get the chance of opening a co op, oversight will still be applied in order to ensure "quality and safety standards"

Another issue is, the health check up. Would someone explain that why? Aren't we all here fighting to protect our dearly children?

We all have police clearance for everyone over 18 that lives in the house (I hope), first aid CPR training, positive behaviour management (we have this through workshops or letters from parents that certify that); the application or knowledge of How does learning happen doc. (As this is new I'm sure most of us "professionals" are already applying or implementing this on our environments or at least are in the process of doing so).

There are many NON FOR PROFIT AGENCIES. Most of them created to support our communities. Why we do not ask the support of these agencies to our sector? Especially when we are compliant with the CCEYA regulations. Compass is a NON FOR PROFIT and this agency supports their community of Icp's.

It is worrying the fact that stakeholders are having meetings at a federal level and we don't have any representatives there.

Outgoing
    The Associate Ministry of education, Indira Naidoo-Harris, is open to listen, I had a short conversation during a Conference. She needs our feed back, we need to send letters to her.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    Hi cfed
    Here is a link to the check list of what the inspector checks at each daycare home setting or centre , it might help to set up one for Ontario
    let me know if you can't open it

http://www.vch.ca/media/VCH-child-ca...ffinitions.pdf
    Thank you, Van! I do appreciate this. I'm trying to paint a picture of what goes on in other provinces for the public in Ontario. This is great! It's also hard to decipher what regulations are Ministry imposed as opposed to Agency imposed.

I apologize for your private message bouncing back. Apparently my inbox was full. I've now cleared it out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Van