Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Inspections for Ontario unlicensed Daycares

Hello everyone, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed so hoping for a few answers. This post is pertaining to Ontario unlicensed home daycares. I am racking my brain as to what our rules/guidelines are? I know the whole numbers of children part, but when I look up the dna I feel lost as to what we are required to have or not have.It says home daycare agency (I'm assuming this is for licenced home daycares) but there is all the just unlicensed home daycare stuff?? I mean other than the most common sense things what are we required to have? I mean I know inspections are always on going but I just want to make sure I'm covered? Thanks in advance!

Euphoric !
    First, the DNA has been replaced with the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA). They, aside from numbers and the disclosure, have pretty much ignored ICPs. Make sure you have a disclosure that says "This home daycare is not licenced by the Ontario Ministry of Education" and have it signed by each one of your clients. It is my understanding that you must keep this on hand for at least 2 years. 5 kids, including your own children under 6 years. Your own child, if enrolled in public school, will not count in your numbers through the school year, but will in the summer and you may only have 1 child under the age of 2 years. It is also my understanding that if you bring someone in to cover for you, the clients need to have a separate agreement with person providing care in your place. I'll double check on that one though.

We were a little surprised to see that with all the ministry officials professing to be creating this new legislation for the 'safety and wellbeing of Ontario's children' that ICPs weren't, at minimum, required to have up to date CPR and First aid, current Police checks or adequate insurance. Interesting......

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to fill in this short survey - help us collect important data for upcoming use. Thanks https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/35YDPN8

I've got those things in place as well. I"ve got an inspection binder so to speak it includes the following.
    - Fire escape route plan
    -Disclosure signed by parents
    - All contact of parents with number and addresses
    - Sample contract
    - CPR/ First Aid certificate
    - Record Check
    - A blank copy of an accident report

This is it, I mean do I need anything else?? I read over the CCEYA still feeling overwhelmed!!! Any suggestions id be open to for sure. Thanks

Euphoric !
    You are well prepared and have nothing to be concerned about. They only really care about the disclosure and numbers.