Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Wheels

Outgoing

Hot Wheels

Hi all,
    Are you okay with the hot wheel cars and others that are small? Some packages (or all, I can't recall) have only for ages 3+. My own kids used to love them. The younger ones play with them too, but I wonder if okay.
    thanks
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 10-11-2016 at 08:22 AM.

I used to have hotwheel cars until my one yr old got a wheel off and had it in his mouth so no longer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Shy
    With all small toys, I base my decision on my current group of kids. Some kids are fine with small toys way before 3. However, if I have a child that likes to mouth things, I keep the smaller toys out of reach and only allow the "big kids " to play with them on the kitchen table.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hockey mom For This Useful Post:

I agree with hockey mom, it does depend on the group. If you have some that like to explore with their mouths then I wouldn't chance it, but even so, it's still largely about supervision even with the over 3's.

Euphoric !
    I don't if I have small children. Best test - if toy fit through toilet roll tube, it too small for under 2's.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Tbh, I never really look at the recommended ages unless I'm giving it as a gift. In my home, I offer care to multiple ages. There are certain things that aren't available at all times because I feel that they need my undivided attention when those are out but hot wheels isn't one of them.

In reality, almost any toy can be a hazard when it comes to children! I use my common sense and judgement with each group I have and put out toys that I feel are appropriate for their capabilities, not ages

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I use to have hotwheels cars as the children got past the oral stage but now I just don't use them and keep only toddler proof cars so no wheels coming off and no small bits that can fall off when knocked about