Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Websites!!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootchildren View Post
    What is a sample of meta tag words? I live in a big city so does one use their location, words like daycare or childcare, do you use phrases or pair words? That's the hardest part I am have problem with. Does everyone post their rates on the website?
    meta tag words i used was ....care childcare daycare baby kids cheap etc
    I don't post my rates on the website but list my email and phone so they can phone for the rates without posting them on the website

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootchildren View Post
    Kinder time what did you mean in you last paragrap? About adding your sites to other sites? How does one do that? Should I pay for facebook promo?
    Is there a chamber of commerce in your area? Does your city/ area have a website, a business improvement association? This is what I meant. I put my daycare listing on the local chamber of commerce website. I submitted the ad to the website and they approved it and put it up. And this is actually the listing that comes up above my own website when I google key words. It lists my email address, web address and Facebook link.

As for using Facebook, I don't know if you should pay FB, I haven't and can't see why I would. It is up to you. But first try the free stuff. Using the FB search look for daycare groups in your area. Also, some local Buy/Sell groups will allow posts for daycare. Some won't so be aware of that. There are parent groups and school groups, etc. Use the FB search, try it several times, with different words, I find the search on there doesn't always give the same responses all the time. And, once you have the business page set up, FB will do some recommending for you too. "Pages you might like" or "Your friends like these pages" are common. And make sure you link the FB page to your website and vise versa.

Key words... child, children, kid, kids, baby, infant, toy, play, parent, home, daycare, childcare, care, preschool, preschooler, toddler, and anything else you can think of that would apply to your daycare.
    Last edited by kindertime; 10-13-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Outgoing
    Also, with FB, the more you "tell" it, the more the algorithms will recommend for you. So, go on and, as your page, (not your personal name if you're keeping them separate) and "Like" other pages. Try Happy Hooligans, Kitchen Fun with My Three Boys, and your local library, local elementary school, the toy store down the road, etc. Once your daycare business "likes" other businesses of particular types, these are things that will be recommended to you.

Thank you! When you use meta tag words or phrase do you need to repeat it? For example is I had a meta words like Toronto, home, Dayccare. Would I need to use the phrase "Toronto home daycare" or no because I already har thr words ?

Outgoing
    I would keep them separate, I think I had to anyway. Each word separated by a comma and space, then the next word. daycare, home, Toronto, etc. That way, if the person is searching "daycare in Toronto" it will still come up, because you have the key words, but not in that order.

Shy
    Is a website recommended

Redwagon8823 - I personally wouldn't run a business these days without a website. It is a great way to speak with your potential clients without having to actually speak with them.

Some providers keep there websites very simple.
    some providers don't have a website at all
    Then there are providers like me. lol. My site has over 50 pages, covers all my policies, fees, and lots of other information. I want to be up front with any one looking for care. My site makes it very clear what I expect from my clients and what I offer.

My clients love that they can read my policies whenever, at work, at home etc. they don't have to ask me, they just go to my site read my policy then call me to inform me that (example) their child has lice and I have read you policy and have started to take steps to insure I follow the policy before my child returns.

Do you have to have one, no. Would I recommended one yes. you don't have to pay for one. there are many good free sites you can use. I use weeby.com it offers a fee option or paid options. I started off with the free option. I have upgraded to the starter paid option as it better suites my needs.

Expansive...
    a Free website that you can use in webs.com

Outgoing
    Lol. Since I started many years ago to this day, I have been just advertising "old school"; all your descriptions are like reading another language ��. I think I might need to go back to the college and take some course sessions just to update my computer tech knowledge. I'm lost ��
    I guess spending my days making playdough, or arranging materials for crafts or cooking and cleaning and the list goes on, wasn't enough, so this will be also added to my list.

I knew, it would happen we're living in the digital era; and I forgot to keep up��, I did not know it would happen this fast.

I've been currently working on my own website using WordPress.