Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Suggestions for stroller for daycare

Hello

I am looking at purchasing a stroller for my in home daycare. I currently have three children in my care a eight month old, fifteen month old and a seventeen month old. As of right now I am just looking for something to take them for walks and possibly outings. What does everyone else use or reccomend?

Expansive...
    I have used a double stroller for years and it really works for 4 children, I sit 2 children in the stroller and put a child lease on the 2 other children as they walk along beside me holding on to the stroller

Euphoric !
    I have 3 strollers. A double umbrella, gets used the least but is handy for in the car. A sit and stand, used for the youngest when I want the other 3 to walk, also great for the car. My favourite and most used though is my quad runabout. I absolutely love and recommend it!! It's VERY light, even with all 4 in it, it's the lightest to push. Does great in snow too. Doesn't fold up but does fit in back of a van apparently. I store them all in my garage despite my husbands protests lol

I've used quad foundations in centres and HATED them!! They're super heavy, bulky, hard to push but they do fold up which is a necessity for some.

Starting to feel at home...
    I just bought a wagon that fits 2. Preschoolers walk next to it, toddlers go in it. If I have 3 that aren't walking well, I wear the youngest (woven wrap for a long walk, SSC with buckles-Chimparoo Trek-if they'll be getting down to explore). I won't babywear around the house (except itty babies) but I have no problem doing it for walks, saves me buying more equipment that I'd only need a short while.

I think I will go with a wagon and a double stroller! Do anyof you have a double stroller that fits in a smaller car?

Expansive...
    I keep a Quad Runabout and a Baby Trend double jogging stroller in my stash of equipment. The runabout is so easy to push, even in the snow with jumbo tires on it. I agreee with 5 Little Monkeys, that the quad foundations stroller is terrible! So heavy, and tires are terrible in the snow. I sold mine after a few months, and bought a used Runabout, and never looked back!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD View Post
    Hello

I am looking at purchasing a stroller for my in home daycare. I currently have three children in my care a eight month old, fifteen month old and a seventeen month old. As of right now I am just looking for something to take them for walks and possibly outings. What does everyone else use or reccomend?
    Hi there, am I missing something here....an 8 month...a 15 month and 17 month! Are we not only allowed 2 under the age of 2! If the rules have changed, please let me know...

No you are right, the rules are no more than 2 children under 24 months and no more than 3 under the age of 3 and no more than 5 children in your home at all times. Unless you are with a licensed agency, apparently you then can have 6 children

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    No you are right, the rules are no more than 2 children under 24 months and no more than 3 under the age of 3 and no more than 5 children in your home at all times. Unless you are with a licensed agency, apparently you then can have 6 children
    There is no "3 under 3" rule. The only rule is no more than 2 under the age of 2, up to 5 in total which includes your own kids. I don't understand why people are still under the "3 under 3" misconception (unless something's changed in the last 6 months, I'm not aware of?)
    Last edited by Fireyesblue; 11-14-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Shy
    I'm pretty sure that ratio and licensing laws change from province to province. So it would depend on where the original pp is from .

I know in Ontario you are allowed 5 kids with only 2 under 2 if unlicensed this includes your own till age 6. But once your child is age 4 and enrolled in school you may add a 6 child as long as you now only have 1 under 2. This only apply for the school year Sept to June you must go back to counting your child in your numbers during summer holidays but not christmas or March break.

You can have a 6 kids if licence through an agency.
    Last edited by jupadia; 11-14-2016 at 12:23 PM.