Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Divorce :(

Divorce :(

Had to close today as I found out last night that my husband is cheating on me . Feel so sick was up all night. Told all my daycare parents later today and thankfully they are all understanding. But how will I do tomorrow? Sigh. Will be hard!

Euphoric !
    It's going to be a hard long road ahead. Hugs to you!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm really so sorry to hear this. I've been through it and I know exactly how you feel....which will be pretty awful for a while. Mine cheated constantly, as I discovered, and we had a very messy, 2 year long divorce. I found it helpful to keep really busy. It was hard, but I planned a lot of social events and surrounded myself with friends. I walked 6km every night for years with a neighbour and that's where we vented which was HUGELY beneficial. I kept journals, started writing and just looked for healthy ways to vent my anger. Although, one night when my ex gave our children a t shirt with a picture of himself on the front (yes, really), the picture made it's way to a dartboard in a local pub for an impromptu tournament with a girlfriend. Never in my life have I ever gotten so many bullseyes or felt so damned vindicated. Do what you need to do to get through it. There will be a day when you feel better, I swear.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I am so, so sorry to hear this. Hugs and strength to you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lemondrop For This Useful Post:

Shy
    so sorry to hear , what happen to you, you must be very hurt ,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mommybear12 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sorry to hear. You get through this one step at time. Cross bridge when get to them and know this is not your fault. Do not turn this on self. Regardless of what happening at home, people not accidentally trip up and fall into other persons genitals. That decision was solely on him. Do not feel guilty about his choices.

You will feel upset, betrayal, anger, doubt, before acceptance which long way off. This process that can take time to go through. Allow yourself the time to do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    On the daycare side of things you need to try your best to leave your problems be while you are working. You will need to decide who is leaving the home. Make sure there are no arguments or discussions in front of the kids as well as any phone calls to your lawyer need to be during nap. things will be difficult and awkward until you get your living arrangements figured out. It's important that your families know that this situation will not affect their children in any way.

The reason I say this is because my sister had a call from CFS saying they had her child in custody as her daycare provider and spouse had an altercation in their yard and the neighbor called the police as they knew there were daycare children present. Needless to say my sister pulled her child out of that providers daycare immediately. Not saying this will happen in your case but just something to be mindful about as emotions run high in separation/divorce.

Sending hugs your way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Babydom, I am so sorry about this revelation in your marriage. I am sending you positive vibes and like cfred said, surround yourself with a strong and positive network of friends and lean on them when it feels like its to much to carry alone. xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    What a shock to find that out... been there with a brief marriage in my early twenties.... keep eating and stay hydrated...i would forget to do so. lean on friends and get extra hugs from the daycare kids.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Be strong, accept all of your emotions. And know that things get better and the sun will shine on you again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearlessbaby For This Useful Post: