Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Divorce :(

Expansive...
    Stand tall and Hugs
    It helps to write so buy a note book at the dollar store and get these emotions down on paper
    don't lose your cool when the kids are there
    We are all here for you
    Hugs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Thank u so much for the encouraging words! I'm trying to take it day by day. One minute I'll feel strong, relieved, happy then the next sad mad. So many emotions.

I'm saddened to hear this because I can completely relate. I went through the same thing 12 yrs ago when my children were 3 yrs and 19 mths old. It was very difficult but it taught me just how very strong and capable I am, which I din't realize before that. It will be difficult but try your best to keep your chin up while you are working and take care of yourself and your kids as best you can. There will be highs and lows (very much like grieving a death). But you will get through it. And probably be happier later on. Just remember it does get easier with time. All the best to you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daycare Momma For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So sorry to hear!! You've had lots of great advice given. Hoping things go well for you. Hugs!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I am so sorry. Much like the other ladies have said try to keep personal and business mind set separate.
    A close friend got divorced while running her daycare, and they way she made it through was to give herself 15 minutes of feeling angry every morning before getting her 3 up, and after daycare closed she would do the same. She said that giving herself that 30 minutes to feel angry, sad, upset, what have you helped her focus on her work and children ( she likened it to eating a meal before getting to the point where you are so hungry that you over eat).
    Make sure you eat, drink lots of water, sleep, and get los of outdoor exercise during day light. Try and keep divorce work during nap time, so that at the end of you day its about your kids ( if you have them).
    Try to eliminate extra stresses by combining housework into daycare time so you don't burn out. Have the kids cook dinner with you ( soups, pasta sauces and anything you put in a slow cooker), do you baking as an activity with them, put on a load of laundry during snack if you can in the am, dry during lunch, and fold during afternoon snack .
    Sending a hugs to you

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post: