Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vent

Starting to feel at home...

Vent

Ugh. I have a 15 month old right now who is the WORST sleeper. No matter what he wakes up after 45 minutes or if I'm lucky one hour and he will not go back to sleep. This kid is SO tired. He barely makes it through the morning - yawning and rubbing his eyes,dozing off in the stroller etc.

Any tips for extending naps? As soon as he wakes up he screams and cries to come out.

Euphoric !
    Sounds weird but He could be overtired and missing his mark. I'd try a catnap first thing when he gets there in the morning for 20 mins, no longer than 30.

Whatever you do try, give it time. I find people try something 1-2x and say, "oh it didn't work. I've tried everything!"....kids need time to adjust to a new technique

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I was actually going to say the same thing as 5 Little Monkeys. It sounds like he might still need a quick morning nap, which will hopefully lead to a longer nap in the afternoon.

He already has a cat nap most mornings, either on the way here or during the morning walk. Doesn't make a difference.

Not much else I can do except wait it out and hope it naturally lengthens, I guess.

Euphoric !
    He probably needs a 45 minute nap in the am

Euphoric !
    What happens if you leave him to cry when he wakes? Will he lay back down and sleep? Have you tried going back in and laying him down without saying a word and keep repeating?

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    He already has a cat nap most mornings, either on the way here or during the morning walk. Doesn't make a difference.

Not much else I can do except wait it out and hope it naturally lengthens, I guess.
    I sorta feel your pain. My youngest one (18 months) is awake once he's awake. There's NO going back to bed for him lol. He is slowly starting to be quiet in his playpen though for the last 20-30 mins while the older kids finish their nap) Thankfully he doesn't scream or cry!!

Hope he starts to sleep longer for ya! Sounds like he needs it