Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Loving my job again !

I don't know if some of you remember the problems I was having with a child that had anger and hitting issues that I was also related to.

Well HE'S GONE ! He's been gone for the past 4 weeks and OMG I'm happy again !!! The stress I was dealing with not only from the behaviors but the parents and the pressure from the rest of the family is all gone.

I just felt like saying to any of you that are thinking about offering services to friends and family DONT DO IT ! lol I'm sure it works out for some but in my experience...I thought I knew them well I thought we had similar values ...turns out...NO WE DONT haha. It was getting to a point were I felt so trapped and unhappy I actually thought of closing my daycare.

Now I only see them on family occasions...the child struggles still and seems even more so now more than he ever did but every time I see him I am soooo thankful I don't have to deal with it anymore. I feel sad for him and the way his entourage are being so counter productive IMO but I am so very happy I don't have to deal with the frustrations.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I went through the same nightmare last year...but for me only last 3 months. I still remember feeling so relieved and happy knowing that I had my daycare back It is a hard thing to do so congrats!!

Expansive...
    It's amazing how one challenging child or family can drain you emotionally and physically. Whether it is family or not, we have to recognize when things aren't working, and not be afraid to terminate when needed.

Starting to feel at home...
    My problem family finished on Tuesday, and I feel like I'm in love with this again! Such a weight off my shoulders!! The children were great, but the mom was an 'acquaintance' (thought she was a friend) beforehand, and drove me crazy for 6 months (lack of respect, pushy, arguing for fee reductions, etc). I've got an interview on Sunday to fill the spot, with a polite Mom who read my handbook and asked good questions-always a good sign haha. My references say she already called and sounds like she wants my spot!

Expansive...
    I am glad the child left Crafty and you have your life and daycare back again