Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Question Maternity Leave, holding space letter template!

Good Day everyone, hope your Wednesday is going well so far.

I am trying to type out a letter for a DCM who is on Mat leave wanting to hold space for her baby. I am currently watching her first child full time while on leave.
    Her return date back to work is May 29th but the full time space will become available Feb 6.
    She agreed to pay a holding fee and a deposit to lock the spot.

Would anyone done this before and/or willing to share template.

Much appreciated!!

Outgoing
    Is what you want more of an agreement between the two of you? Something stating the fee, the days it is due and the start date for paying and then for care? If so... you could word it like this,

Childcare Space Holding Agreement

In order to maintain a full time space for the child, ___ a fee will be required starting February 6, 2017 until the child's first day of daycare. The fee is $__ /day, payable by ____(cash, cheque, etc.) every ____ (week, day, month, etc.) The child's first day of care will be no later than ___ (May 29th), however, if the parents chooses, the child may start earlier if the daycare provider is given ___ days notice. (The last part is up to you, I figured if the space is open and available, you'd be willing to take the child before the 29th.)

Parent's signature
    Your signature

Also, you should make mention of whether this fee is refundable or not, if she backs out after Feb 6th. I don't know what the difference is between a deposit to hold the spot and a holding fee is, but you should have this explained too. Also, any penalty for not paying the fee, or late payment should be mentioned, too. I am also assuming this letter/agreement is on top of any contract you might be using. You should probably get the contract signed at the same time. Hope it helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

paz

Shy
    Thank you Kindertime!

I will have them pay for a non refundable deposit to be used on the first week of full time care May 29th which its part of my daycare enrollment package. I just wanted to add a form for the holding fees portion.