Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dilemma *LOL*

Dilemma *LOL*

So I have decided to go ahead and close my daycare. My last day will be Dec 16th, 2016 and I was going to give my families notice next week (giving them 5 weeks notice). Thing is...this morning I just had a daycare mom hand me a termination for her little guy since she's going off on mat leave and put his last day as Jan 26th, 2017. Now I feel like an a$$hole....she will need to find care for him for just a month.

At the same time....I need to put my own family needs and my own mental health first. I just can't help but feel guilty. I am going to feel horrible giving out my notice of closures now

Expansive...
    Do what you need to do for you and your family. We've all been at that point of physical/mental exhaustion with this job, so good for you for acknowledging that you've had enough!
    Serve the notice now, and move on. Most people have family that can cover them over xmas holidays anyway, and then she'll have to make due for 3-4 weeks.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm closing too. Last day is next Friday. Just have zero desire to keep doing this job and its affecting my mental health too.

As the previous poster said, move ahead (guilt free) with your notice. Its one week before Xmas and I am sure she has some holiday time (or Christmas closure time) and between two parents and hopefully grandparents it works out. In the end thats not your concern. My fam had to arrange back up care as well until Christmas. Good luck with your new venture!

Expansive...
    good for both of you for closing when it feels right for you and your family and don't feel bad about that one preg parent as I am sure her family will be able to manage ....or can you give your notice tomorrow so she know now and can arrange it with family or even with work ?