Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Yes I am in BC and my home daycare was licensed last April this year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose47 For This Useful Post:

Van

Expansive...
    Great- don't worry about licensing closing your daycare as they can help direct people to you and help you so no stress there so relax and advertize here in the home button on the top left of this page in Daycare Bear, also Craig list works well in BC, look under communities and you see lots of ads for daycares that have a spot available right now, it is a really good way to get the word out and read other ads and have some pictures of your daycare nicely set up in your ads .....also is there a child care resource centre you can join in your area as they too can give your phone number to people in your area- it may be a case of you being too cheap??? so I do suggest calling other daycares in your area - Keep in touch and Good Luck

Expansive...
    Also it is a good idea to set up a website for free with webs.com , it is easier as you get use to it and you just need more pictures of your daycare , it is good to check out other daycare website
    We were all in your shoes at one time and it gets better ...after you get that first parent to sign on

Euphoric !
    When I created my first website (before signing on any families) I asked some family and friends to borrow photos of their young children. Just a handful of kids in non-descript backgrounds (outside etc). It filled in my website making it look less "I am empty". I never claimed they were my daycare kids or anything just had them up for viewing when my ads directed parents to my website.

Again, my website listed a daily schedule, sample menu and everything as if i was currently running the daycare. Have everything planned out. Present yourself at your best.

good luck!!

Expansive...
    if you are already a member of your local child care resource centre then you can call them up and let them know you need to get parents calling and they will put your
    name on the top of their list as soon as they know you have spots available , someone from the ccrc may come out to visit and suggest a few things but it is all to help you fill your daycare spots asap
    keep us informed here so we can help you more or cheer you on GOOD LUCK