Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

A surprise visit

I hope everyone is having a good start to their week

I just wanted to share, that I had a surprise visit on Friday, two inspectors from the ministry of education. After answering all their questions and them seeing my daycare and forms, I was very proud to receive an inspection report that states I am in compliance with the CCEYA.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to suzydominguez For This Useful Post:

Van

Outgoing
    That is great! What I did with mine is laminate it and post it on my bulletin board so, parents a reassured that I'm compliant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Congratulations to both of you
    In BC we have yearly visits from the daycare inspectors and it does feel good to get the okay nod

Outgoing
    Congrats ,. What time of day did they knock, and where r u located? Did u let them in or wait outside? How long did meeting take? Tx

Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Congrats ,. What time of day did they knock, and where r u located? Did u let them in or wait outside? How long did meeting take? Tx
    Ebhappydc, it was around 11 am. I had them wait outside until I verified by phone that they were who they claimed to be. I had them come in and it took About 30 min. I am in mississauga, Ontario.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to suzydominguez For This Useful Post:

May I ask what phone number you called to verify that they were indeed inspectors. It's actually a number I do not have, but definitely, should! I am assuming that you are with an agency or am I incorrect. I am wondering what regulations we need to follow if we are not with an agency so to speak. I know we need a disclaimer but really what else should be provided for an inspection? Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyones1981 View Post
    May I ask what phone number you called to verify that they were indeed inspectors. It's actually a number I do not have, but definitely, should! I am assuming that you are with an agency or am I incorrect. I am wondering what regulations we need to follow if we are not with an agency so to speak. I know we need a disclaimer but really what else should be provided for an inspection? Thanks for the help
    Hi Tinyones,

The inspectors come to check if unlicensed home daycares are following the new law that came out in august 2015. All they check for is numbers, ages, and that you have a disclaimer for each child. When they came to my door, they showed me their ID and handed me a business card. I called the number on the card, but you may also call this number (1-844-516-6263) to verify. Both inspectors were very nice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to suzydominguez For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Had this myself at the end of August was surprised but passed. same thing they spoke to me about the new law and did a quick head count. also called to verify who they were since I had no clue they did inspections on legally unlicensed care without a complaint filed against them since you never know . They told me they got my info from the Web on one of the sites I advertise on.

Outgoing
    Hi. I'm licensed but, I have gotten licensed just four months ago. So, I suspect that they came because some agencies in my neighbourhood see me with six children and they knew I have been working privately before. Anyway, they came around 11 ish 12ish. They do a quick inspection head count etc. But in my case was even faster because they noticed the licensed sign and con firmed with the agency. And that was it.

Outgoing
    If it is for the wellbeing of all children in care I do not mind these inspections. Parents also get reassured.