Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    yes you did the right thing as the child need to wear pull-up to protect your carpets and just for l hygiene reasons

Shy
    Stick with your policy of being dry in a diaper for 2 weeks before being allowed to be in underwear. A child should be able to verbally say they need to go to the potty or just go to the potty on their own. That child is going to continue to have accidents until they are ready and if they keep on peeing on your carpets, your house is going to stink and might be hard to fill spots in the future if your house smells. Shampooing your carpets everyday is alot of extra work you are not being paid to do unless you start charging that parent carpet cleaning fees. Even if the carpets are shampooed everyday, the pee will still get into the carpet padding underneath and will be hard to get out with shampooing. I've been running my daycare for almost 8 years and I've been there, I know what it's like to want to please the parents and not loose income. But over the years I've learnt to stick to my policies because spots can be filled with another family. If they can't remember all your policies after reading them the first time, they can easily refer back to them. Parents like that are just lazy and want other people to raise their children for them. I doubt she has even been putting much effort into potty training at home. If she has been training the child for 6 months and still is not trained, the child is not ready and you need to put your foot down to protect your carpets. I've had pushy parents like that too and I put my foot down and if they don't like it they can find another daycare. I have always filled my spots. I have had parents who waited until their child was ready, and potty training took about a week and the child went on their own (with some reminders). Accidents are rare when a child is ready.