Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    For me:

Developmental Service Worker
    Personal Trainer
    Chiropractic Health Assistant
    and currently in school part time nights for two years to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist.

Apparently I am having trouble deciding what I want to be when I grow up!

Outgoing
    I knew at a young age (11) what I wanted to do as my career. I have always loved children and I must say that that I have a "way" with them! I planned my high school courses around getting into the ECE program and graduated from Humber College in 1990. I am proud of my accomplishments and display my diploma proudly on the daycare room wall. I worked in a centre for two and a half years before having my daughter and when she was 6 mths old I quit my job at the centre and opened my home daycare. The rest as they say is history.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have an HBSc in Zoology & Marine Biology... I had planned to move to the west coast when I finished school however boyfriend, now husband wanted to stay here in Ontario, so I took a job at an Insurance Company as an Accident Benefits Adjuster which I was miserable in. Then I retrained as a Dental Assistant.... when I had my first child I fully intended on going back to work but then just couldnt leave him. I was a SAHM for 4 years before starting the daycare when my husband lost his job. I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up although there is a huge new aquarium being built in Toronto which I am beyond excited about!

Quote Originally Posted by lilac View Post
    I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up although there is a huge new aquarium being built in Toronto which I am beyond excited about!
    Oooo, really??? That's exciting! Any ideas on when it will be started/completed?
    Cheeky Monkey Daycare

The aquarium is scheduled to be completed by summer 2013. They've already started construction on it.

Outgoing
    I had a problem with the title of this thread as well. I have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education and Child Development- This IS my real profession- it was NOT a back-up plan.

Now that I have said that-do I miss working out of my home?-sometimes I definitely do. But when my baby gets here-I think being able to be home with my own children will be well worth any sacrifices I may have had to make in order to be able to work at home

re: Daycare123: I had a problem with the title of this thread as well. I have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education and Child Development- This IS my real profession- it was NOT a back-up plan.....

Laughs, let's take it easy daycare123.... Cocoon meant "what was your original profession?" ...some of us had varying backgrounds and she wanted to start an interesting forum....is there any way we can change the title to the thread so the poor woman isn't yelled at anymore?? Hugs to Cocoon!

Let's all relax about this! and laughs, I'm 40 and I still don't know what I will be when I do grow up.....if I ever do!
    Last edited by lori123; 12-13-2011 at 09:42 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lori123 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Ummm...I wasn't "yelling". Hahaha! There isn't even a mere exclamation mark in my post...you'll notice my post ends with a smile as will this one.

that is good to know no one was yelling....i just saw bold caps and read it as yelling....ok, let's all agree - we all are friends, who come from various backgrounds, and cultures but must have a touch of insanity in all of us to voluntarily watch children all day long! ....let's change topics now!