Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Always something...

Seems like I haven't seen it all in my 11 years. I am rolling my eyes this morning, my first day back after being closed since Dec 23.

I look after a pair of siblings whose mother is a teacher and father is self employed. She was my own children's grade 1 teacher and she is a fantastic daycare parent to deal with, usually lol

She pays regular enrolment as I don't give a teachers rate and the spot is full time, full year. Because she has never brought anything up about a change in schedule during the school breaks, I just assumed they would come as normal. That is my mistake for sure. They have only been with me since Sept and this is the first school break. I should have asked mum what her plans were so I hold my hands up, that being said she should have said something if the schedule wouldn't be as normal.

They are dropped off daily at 7:30 sharp. Not this morning and to be expected while she is off work. I planned to confirm schedule at drop off. They are not here. I called mums phone and dads phone and both go straight to voicemail. I wonder if they have gone away and just forgot to tell me? I'm not super annoyed to be honest, but surprised that they wouldn't tell me. I've emailed and left voicemails on both phones. I've checked my voicemails and email junk and there are no missed messages. I guess I'm just so surprised that this would have been overlooked by them. They were with another provider previously before moving to the area so I'm wondering if she is on autopilot with her previous arrangement. They are the only kids I have on Friday so at what point do I commit to not providing care in the absence of talking to them? If I have no contact by Thursday night, do I get up and make myself available for them even though they were a no show the rest of the week? I'm not sure. I'm hoping I will hear from them, you'd think so by then. That being said, I don't think it's necessarily a given considering they forgot to tell me about today in the first place.

Outgoing
    Good question. If it was me, and I hadn't heard or seen them all week, I'd probably plan to have the day off, but make sure I was awake and dressed at the usual drop off time (just in case).

Outgoing
    I would do as superfun suggested...you would think they would have said something like 'see you in a couple of weeks' on the 23rd with such a stretch of time...too bad, no sleeping in!

Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    I would do as superfun suggested...you would think they would have said something like 'see you in a couple of weeks' on the 23rd with such a stretch of time...too bad, no sleeping in!
    As with all parents I put my vacation time in writing. From Dec 23rd inclusive to Jan 2nd, Daycare reopens on Tuesday Jan 3rd.

Mums parents are emergency contact and I've met them a few times. If they are a no show tomorrow and I can't get through to either parent, I'm going to give them a call and just make a friendly enquiry.

I got an email from Grandma last night saying they had the girls and had bought their parents a last minute trip to Cuba. Not sure how they didn't manage to tell me in this age of mobile communication??? But apparently all the emails and texts have been bouncing back to them when they try to message me back from Cuba. Again, couldn't they have messaged me in the car ride to the airport, from the gate even...whatever. No longer MIA and tomorrow has been confirmed as off.