Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

What's you opinion?

So a previous post got me thinking what do you think is more important, that a child is happy coming to daycare or is happy and not wanting to lave daycare.
    Another provider and i were having this discussion and I am interested in your thoughts

Euphoric !
    It's Friday and I'm exhausted.....but, isn't that basically the same thing? Lol

If you meant it was a child coming happy but excited to go home versus an unhappy child coming and then not wanting to leave, I'd choose the latter. It shows that they do actually like it here and were just putting on a show! The first scenario would maybe have the parent think something bad happened if the child can't wait to run out the door at day's end? Lol
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 01-20-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    It's Friday and I'm exhausted.....but, isn't that basically the same thing? Lol

If you meant it was a child coming happy but excited to go home versus an unhappy child coming and then not wanting to leave, I'd choose the latter. It shows that they do actually like it here and were just putting on a show! The first scenario would maybe have the parent think something bad happened if the child can't wait to run out the door at day's end? Lol
    Thanks that's exactly what i meant. I think it's great if a child is both, but I really love when a childs parents come to the door and they want their parent to stay and play longer, or show them every thing they did.

Shy
    Agree! I know with my daughter she use to get upset at drop off (more dramatic then anything) but at pick the provider to sneak me inside so I can how she was interacting and she was having a blast lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to teammom For This Useful Post:

If children find the day care center safe, entertaining and fun then they are happy coming to daycare.