Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Yelled at quiet time

I have 2.5 dcb who doesn't cry at quiet time - but yells for me entire time top of lungs. All have their own room and luckily the others sleep thru it. He discards books or anything I give him to do. I've told him firmly every one rests, see you later. I'm trying ignoring , but he's relentless. I don't really want to terminate as he's good otherwise and parents r great. Help TX!

Euphoric !
    Is he new? Or is this just the way his is, period? If he's ready to give up nap (ugh), then maybe give him a little screen time? My clients who want their kids to reduce or eliminate naps bring an ipad with games/programs already on it in for me to give their littles during nap. I've found this quite good. Alternatively, I'd put a movie on for him. You'll go insane if you have to give up your break....it's a loooooong day with these guys!

I have 2 who get their ipads half way through nap and only if they rest. So far, it's working great and the parents are happy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks - He's not new... Seems tired too, but I think he sleeps in til about 830am then come here for 9. Other kids I have r up before 7 am so they're ready for nap at 1230ish. I'll maybe ask his parents to get him up a bit earlier in morning. Haven't thought of the iPad thing... whatever works!
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 01-26-2017 at 04:29 PM.