Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Outgoing
    I will not judge it, but I think the kids where lucky to have grandparents to share their time, I wish my daughter had a chance to meet her wonderful grandparents. She would had definitely felt loved and spoiled here and there by them.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    i had a family that the kids were here 12 hours a day, in activities after care, in activities all Saurday, and spent Saturday afternoon and night and all day Sunday with grandparents. Grandparents would drop the kids off right before bed.
    I thought and when do you as a parent actually spend any time with their kids? How can an individual even call themselves a parent if the spend less then 20 minutes a day with their kids. Thats less then 3 hours a week?????
    Really why have kids in that case?
    That's a lot of time away from home unfortunately. Can only hope child thrives at daycare and at grammas. I have known some parents cope better when the kids are out of the toddler/preschool years. When child is older some parents connect better. So we can only hope. My hat goes off to those daycares open 12 hrs. I couldn't cope with those hours; that'd be the end of me! I do feel lucky to be able to be 9hrs. One parent usually drops off and other picks up is how they work it. I have had to turn away families tho because of my hours. And have had space empty for weeks because of it.... Don't want to burn out tho.

Outgoing
    Thank you for everybodies input. I think having a fee for later pick-ups is a great idea, that way if they really need more travelling time, then it is available. I have no problem giving parents extra time to get back from work but we daycare providers do have a longer than average day and our personal time is limited. It's not just the time we spend in the daycare but also the time we spend getting supplies and picking up things for our program during our time off.

Euphoric !
    I do a little differently. My business hour are 7.30am until 4.30pm. If someone need come earlier, I will do that but not before 7am but they either expected to pick up 30 mins earlier to give me back my personal time lost in early opening and if they not able to do that, then they expected to pay higher rate for longer day.

I do contracted hours only, no open no close. I ask right off the hop, what time do you NEED TO be at work, and what time are you finished work, how much driving time will you need?

But that said, I am paid to provide a service, I will gladly take your child during your CONTRACTED hours if you choose to do something personal, it's their business.

Now, if I find out you are late because of that something personal, then we have a problem...Or, if you lie and say you are at work and are not.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 04-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.