Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

No Wet Tears at all

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a child have absolutely no wet tears, or any runny nose, or completely drooless when they have been full on crying for a long while? Im transitioning a 1 yr old in care this week and I've have never experienced such a facially dry baby! Very handy actually and I'm not complaining but I've not seen it before.

Euphoric !
    No. But I can't help but wonder if that is a sign of something being not quite right. I know the lack of tears can be a sign of dehydration. But usually when crying hard they are a sloppy mess. Have you asked the parents if it's the norm for the child?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I shall ask his mother when he returns Friday. He's definitely not dehydrated (drinks lots when here, wet diapers). It's quite unusual.

I think the baby needs lots of fluid. Its better to talk with his mother about water consumption. Looks unusual but nothing so much to worry about. If is happens some more days then his mother needs to talk to a doc.

Outgoing
    You were all right. Child has lots of teardrops this week. Guess he must have been a bit dehydrated. I mentioned it to mom last week that he was so dry. Well I always thought dehydration meant skin doesn't bounce back if you pinch it a bit, and has a grey tinge. But I guess no tears is a sign as well. Thanks all!