Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Yes I return the cheques when they give notice, another bonus is they usually give me the notice
    way ahead of the time they are leaving..... so they get the cheques back

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearlessbaby View Post
    What about if kids leave before 6 months? Do you return the cheques?
    Yes I return the cheques when they give notice, another bonus is they usually give me the notice
    way ahead of the time they are leaving..... so they get the cheques back

Outgoing
    Hi. I have a line in my contract right under paymentioned schedule, "an extra $25 will be charged per each day of late payment and/ or NSF checks". I explain that when I payment is late it demands me to make a extra trip to the bank (obviously now with the new tech. I do not need to go to the bank but still, it is an extra work and takes my time out of the scheduled deposit process done biweekly Friday evening. I also explain to avoid this charge they can bring posdated checks or do it online in a timely fashion. I found also more effective facilitating a payment schedule page with the reminder of the extra fee in case of late payments. I do it every end of the year so they can follow it at the beginning of each year. New families joining get the schedule with their contract package.

I do not ask for advanced checks way before the starting time just a signed contract and the two weeks deposit and when they are ready to start I ask what will be their payment mode (checks or online). In the event of cancellations I return it, with in a time frame fair for them and fair for me usually two months (which I also explain during the interview process, if the spot is filled right away I return their deposit; if the spot is not filled then they loose their deposit), therefore I encourage to them to let me know as soon as they find any changes happening even if there is a small posibility so, I can keep in touch with prospective clients, and they do not lose their deposit . Fair for them and fair for me.

Euphoric !
    If your client meant to pay in advance, stop taking children in until fees received! Refuse care. I don't know any other service where if I not pay when I should, they keep letting me come.

Teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.